• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What should my mom tell my bestie!?

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:38 PM
  • 11 Replies

Ok so I live two hrs away from my friend and my mom . My friend ask my mom to keep her (teething) 7 month old over night not last weekend but the weekend before. She dropped him off at 5 in the afternoon and picked him up by 9 the next morning and payed my mom 15 dollars and a pack of cigs. Well the next weekend it was his dads weekend to have him ... Well she calls me friday and ask me to call my mom to see if she would watch the baby while she works and that night so she could go to a party. Mom said yes ... 20 dollars and a pack of cigs. She dropped the baby off at 7 sat. morning he stayed that night and was not picked up untill tonight! My mom loves this little man to death but she said that she is getting used. She feels like she should have got payed more or been told that he would have to stay that long.

Sorry if im not making since but what should my mom tell her ... should she say it like so much a hr. or just not babysit for her. Idk what to tell my mom.

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BaileynMe
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:40 PM

Your mom is an adult, and if she wants to be treated better she needs to tell this girl that she feels used and treated poorly and in the future she expects more payment for such a long stay and ADVANCE notice. 

Ton-of-Love
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:41 PM

BUMP!

sarahbearamommy
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:42 PM

she should at least get $50 for an overnight and all day job.. even $75! she should definitely just say look, i am watching him long hours and would really feel 50 is best, etc.. especially if it causes an inconvenience to your mom when she cant do anythingother than care for this child

SkylursMomma
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:42 PM
Yoir mom needs to tell her exactly how she feels :) good luck :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LizzieAnnesMom
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:45 PM

she definately should have gotten paid alot more than 20. expecially this last time.

GOBryan
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:45 PM

Your mom agreed to a specific price for a specific timeframe but since she's going well over that time frame then your mom needs to speak up and tell her that when she can not just assume that she can care for the child longer than the agreed upon timeframe, especially without advance notice.

akb300
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:46 PM
yeah she needs to speak up now before she starts dropping her kid off for longer than what she did.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
b_rod
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:03 PM

Start charging by the hour and be strict about it.

AuntieV
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:03 PM

Mom needs to find out drop off and pick up times before she quotes a price and tell her that after the agreed on time there will be an additional $$$$ per hour for the additional time.

FYI $20.00 + pack of cigs =  about $25.00 for over 30 hours.

I would also  suggest  you stay out of future arrangements by telling mom and friend that they need to contact each other  directly. This way mom will not feel guilty if she says no to you or agree just because this is your friend.

STACIEH
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:08 PM
When I was 12 a mom asked mr to watch her kids ( 2 kids age 3 and 5) from 7-12 and she would pay me $40. I agreed, but the mom never came home so I stayed the night. Their mom came home at noon the next day. She got drunk and passed out and didn't wake up until late. She paid me $100 bc of my extra time and effort. Your mom should be getting at LEAST $50 for keeping him overnight if not more.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)