Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I swear...

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:37 PM
  • 11 Replies
There must be something wrong with me. I can't even take care of my boys on my own. DH is NO help. DS#1 screams and does everything possible to frustrate me. He climbs out of his crib and gets into EVERYTHING. He gets into DHs things and I get yelled at for it. He usually does this while I'm feeding DS#2. I get so overwhelmed that I cry almost everytime it's just me and the boys. I had to ask my mom for help because DS#2 was screaming and I couldn't figure out why and DS#1 was being awful. Then DH decides he wants to go to walmart and since he doesn't have a lisence I have to drive him. My mom said she would watch the baby so we took the toddler. As soon as we get to the store the toddler starts acting up, DH starts bitching because I walk too slow, and my mom starts testing me saying the baby is hungry. I can never get my toddler to listen and u feel like I'm going to lose it if the baby starts crying again. Idk what to do. Please any advice. No bashing. I already feel like an awful mother.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tiger420
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 12:10 AM
No one has any advice?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BaileynMe
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 12:11 AM

I'm so sorry mama. It sounds like you're really overwhelmed. Could you maybe put the toddler in daycare like once a week just to give yourself a break and let him get used to some extra structure? Or have a sitter watch them every once in a while so you can get out and reconnect with your dh? 

Also, have you looked into PPD (post partum depression)? It sounds as though you may have at least a touch, and who could blame you? 

carinyosa99
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 12:15 AM

Oh mama - I think we all have days like that but it doesn't help that your DH isn't being that helpful.  Sounds like maybe your DH is frustrated over something as well.  I'm sure him not having a license doesn't help.  Can you and him sit down and talk?  Or is he absolutely not the type of guy to do that?  You need a break.  Can your mom watch the kids for just a couple hours so you can have a little time just for yourself? 

I just have my one son and I don't have my family around, but I also have a DH that is pretty helpful.  However he's been working long hours lately and I'm ready to pull my hair out.

SAMNMAYASMOM
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 12:21 AM

Tell your loser of a husband to get on board. Why doesn't he have a license? He needs to help you!

Rhiannon1988
by Silver Member on Jun. 28, 2010 at 12:23 AM

you need to make DH aware of how overwhelmed you are.. tell him to stop yelling and bitching at you or you're gonna have a mental break down... start putting that toddler in timeout when he doesn't listen, everytime, even if you have to hold him there. let the baby cry once in a while, if it drives you nuts, buy some ear plugs.. you gotta get that little boy under control or you're gonna lose it. i know how you feel i have a partially unmanagable 3 year old DD and a 1 year old boy and it's taken lots of disciplin to get her where she is today.. 

also once in a while you just gonna let things go, don't listen to anyone.. get that baby to sleep and just forget everything else, let the toddler watch tv and just lay on the couch for a while and relax.. don't think about anything just breathe.. i hope things get better for you mama, but just remember you gotta make'em get better, it don't happen on it's own.

chrissy8907
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 12:29 AM
Aww I'm sorry I know it can get really hard especially with two lil ones just try and taka a few deep breathes and you should talk to your SO about helping out more or refuse to drive him anywhere until he starts. Hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tiger420
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 12:34 AM
He lost it cause he got a DUI.

Quoting SAMNMAYASMOM:

Tell your loser of a husband to get on board. Why doesn't he have a license? He needs to help you!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BigMA
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 12:44 AM
Hey!mama!r they on a schedule?cuz dat wat works for me I have a 4,3,nd 2.so I knw wat u going threw all to well.nd I have not so helpful hubby.u gta put ur foot nd earn sum u tyme I startn puttn mine on a schedule @ 6mos. Believe it can be dne.if u wanna knw hw hit me my nbox nd will tell u.I'm telln its da best thing I ever did.I will even tell u hw to put dat hubby on a schedule.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darkeyedmom
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 7:47 PM

Don't feel like that , it happens to everyone. My ds is now 17 and the greatest guy in the world. He's been a martial arts instructor (on the down low since he was 14). Honor roll, loving and caring. His bff for the longest time was an elderly women who lived behind us. When the little punk was 2-4 he escaped from our house every morning. We had to put locks going all the way up the door. The police would bring him home and give him a badge. He would bang his head in the hall way til he had bruises all over his forehead. We've lived in this house since he was 6 mnths. Don't be too hard on yourself. Kick hubbys butt:)

Alison_C
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2010 at 7:51 PM

Your husband just needs to step up and be a dad. You're not a bad mom, he's just being a bad father.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)