Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would you have done the same???

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:39 PM
  • 12 Replies
Ok me and SO and our 2 sons all went fishing at the river a couple hours ago. Well we found a spot and set up, and got the kids their chicken to eat, and after casting maybe 2 times a wakeboard boat comes by. They are so close to the shore, had about 15-20 people on board, and were drinking (yes I could see the beer bottles.) It must have happened about 7 times, and SO finally said we should call the non emergency police line. Well I waited a bit, then had enough once I saw 3 kids on the front. I called the non emergency line and told them everything. At first when I called SO said "well they are on a badass boat having fun" and I started to kind of feel bad. The boat patrol got a hold of me for a location and info. And while I was on the phone with them they blast their music again. He heard it too. The patrol guy did tell me some wakeboard boats are made for up to 17 people, and in the city we were in there was no wake ordinance. They did say however they would check out the limit and drinking. Right after they came by again (might I add we were in a little cove) and got us all soaked ( we were sitting on rocks above the river lol ) finally SO said let's leave. I was so mad, they saw us and everyone else fishing in the cove, and there's a whole huge river. Honestly I had never seen anyone b oat there. Would you have called? I feel it was very unsafe for us, and the kids on the boat.

Btw last weekend was the 1 year anniversary of a guy who owned a very popular pizza place's death. He was boating with his wife and a drunk boater hit him and decapitated him. Very very sad, and its a huge story here, they should know better!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
carinyosa99
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:41 PM

You did the right thing - if for no other reason than the safety of those kids. 

rash232
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:42 PM
Yes I would have called. Especially if there were kids on there
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AustynsMom07
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:45 PM

no don't feel bad one if you are gonna be out on a boat with kids you should NOT be drinking... and two why wouldn't they just go out on the other part of the river where there was no people sitting on the side fishing... i just hope the patrol went out there and actually checked and no one on the boat (ie the kids) get hurt! but i think you did the right thing.. good job mama!

bpmharris
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:47 PM

You definitely did the right thing. We were the beach once with a lot of people swimming, surfing, boogie boarding, spear fishing, etc, and there were two jet ski's that kept on coming close to shore. I was about to call the cops or someone, when a boat came to motioned them to go back where it was deeper... 

Yozhick
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:48 PM

I would have called in a heartbeat,,,were the kids wearing life jackets?

Rhiannon1988
by Silver Member on Jun. 28, 2010 at 12:14 AM

how can you feel bad about that and be mad at those people at the same time lol.. i would'a been pissed that i had to leave because of those people let alone all the other stuff.. inconsiderate drunks.

mommyflyes
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 1:06 AM

was the driver drunk?

i wouldn't have called.

jmetz4
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 1:13 AM

I probably would have too

Kenre
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2010 at 1:17 AM

I would have called too.

SnowBunny09
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 1:21 AM

I would have called you felt that the people on the boat and your family could be in danger. It is always better to be safe than sorry

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)