Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tummy cramps

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:53 PM
  • 9 Replies

Hey All..

Iv recently joined cafemom and i need help..

I am getting lower abdomen and lower back pains alot and its my 8th month.. I dont know what to do, i try to lye down but the pain stays the same :-(

Can anyone tell me if its normal at this stage.. Im quite worried.. I dont want to have a premeture delivery.. By the way i am a working mom and spend 8 hours in the office everyday.. My work is related to computers so i have to be on my seat alot.. 

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Amber7277
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:56 PM

If you are sitting alot it could be from that, however I would mention it to the doctor the next time you go in. Probably nothing though, sounds like ligaments stretching. Try walking when it happens or stretching.

Tiger420
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 12:09 AM
Try laying on your back for no more than a minute or two and put you feet on your chair or the bed. Just when it starts hurting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BaileynMe
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 12:18 AM

Depends on the type of pain. Contraction pains generally START as a low grade throbbing in your lower back and a tightening of your abdomen without much pain (you'd notice your belly felt really hard.) 

Lots of women have contractions for a VERY long time in their pregnancies; my SIL started having contractions at 27 weeks with my niece (she delivered at 37) and 19 with my nephew (that one is still cooking at around 36,37 weeks.) Now, her pregnancies are high risk and very difficult, and it doesn't sound like yours has been up to this point. The biggest issue, though, is dilation. You can have contractions for a very long time with no change in dilation and be fine. 

I'd go to the dr just to check it out. 

SunainaUsman
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 6:56 AM

Thank you all, ill ask the doctor to check it..

LogansMommy0328
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 7:56 AM
Could be baby sitting on a nerve my daughter was always sitting on a nerve it sucked but def mention it to your dr I wouldent worry tho
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fairymom2316
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 11:24 AM

I felt like that with my son, my back used to hurt a lot and I would get contractions here and there and my stomach would get really hard! When is your next appointment?

MinnickBabyMama
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 11:26 AM

well thats what happened with me at 34 weeks (8 months) and i was starting to go into labor unfortonally i only made it to 35 weeks so i had a premie, i would time the cramps front and back to see if they are apart because i had both front and back labor, and those cramps were my first contractions which then became stronger at 35 weeks, my daughter will be 1 in  20 more days n is ahead of herself so you would never know she is a preemie, good luck and keep updating us

AngelicMommy_72
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 11:30 AM
If its something that comes and goes ...time it... If its a steady just nagging pain... Its probably just the weight of lil one dropping... With my second son i pretty much felt that wy frm day one... But it was normal to my drs....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SunainaUsman
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 11:41 PM

yeah its probably baby's wieght going down. i feel the back pain whole day while the lower abdomen pain occurs sometime at night wen im about to sleep.. my next appointment is 7 July..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)