Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hearing loss at 23? PIOG

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:58 AM
  • 5 Replies

I've had hearing issues for a loooooong time, but its getting to the point where it effects my every day life. I talk louder because I cant hear myself talk, I hear ringing in my ears atleast 3-4 times a day for about 10-20 minutes at a time, I have to have the TV / Radio louder than everyone else needs, just so I can understand. I constantly am asking others to repeat their words. Well I have an appt. with an ENT on the 26th, and im terrified as to what they're going to say. I have had severe ear infections into my teenage years. At 15, I had double ear infections for 6 months! Was on sooo many rounds of antibiotics, they finally had to drain my ears. But ive had soo many im afraid that is the reason, and there will be no natural repair going on. Have any of you had issues with hearing? Know what to expect from my appt? I swear, I cant catch a break! First its a lump in my breast (which is fine, its a fibroid, but still scary) now its this. What's next?

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Tiger420
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:32 AM
Hearing loss in my family is genetic as we get older. About late 30s. You should ask your mom and dad if it is common in your family. Idk what they will say. GL though!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:33 AM

I just want to wish you the best of luck.  Bf had chicken pox in his 20s and as a result he lost most of his hearing.  Did the doctors put in tubes to prevent the infections like they do for children?

MumsTheWord571
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:39 AM

I had a problem with Vertigo so they had my hearing checked just in case. the doc will look into your ears and then if he thinks it is an actual problem he will send you for a hearing test. They put you in a room with headphone and ring it and you press a button when you hear it.

I also had a hearing problem prior to the verigo, but what would happen is when I got home from work I'd have the TV way loud to be able to hear it, then it would be loud and I'd turn it down a bit, then a bit more then a bit more until it was normal volume... doc said it was hearing exhaustion because of using a headphone on the phone all day long.

pooh2you
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:39 AM

i did and they said in my ear cannal has calsified to were it will not drain so i have to have surgure :(

Mama2ETA
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 1:10 PM

I wasnt given tubes in the ears, I was an older ear infection child, they started around 5. I didnt have any as a baby.

Thank you ladies, sorry it took me so long to get back, i forgot i posted this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)