Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Work @ home opportunities, are they really out there?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:54 AM
  • 8 Replies

Hi my name is jamie, and I am a stay @ home mother, I also go to school full time online. I have been looking and searching the internet for LEGITIMATE online work from home jobs that are real and ask you for no money in advance to getting hired. I mean, come on what job asks to to pay money to work for them? Isn't it suposed to be the other way around? well I get really frustrated because I have been lookng for a way to make some extra money to tie up a few loose ends and working from home sounds good and would work really well with my schedule, however, I have had no luck what so ever and I would like to know if there are any other moms out there that know or could give me any advice on any work from home jobs that really actually work. I am not looking for something that is going to make me rich over night or something is going to bring me in a lot of money all at once, just something that would be able to generate me a steady income that will help make ends meet. Please reply to my post if you have any suggestions or maybe if any moms are working from home and is willing to point me in the right direction.

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Lb128f
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:31 AM

Maybe? http://workathomedesk.com/work-at-home-directory.htm

You are right...no legitimate job/work asks YOU to pay ANYTHING to work! Good Luck!

rosereed
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:33 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fairymom2316
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:20 PM

BUMP!

jslpruitt
by Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:24 PM

I work at home...but I had to actaully work in the office a year before I got the chance to be able to work from home...but I will bump for you...srry no help

Momof5Teens67
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:28 PM

I do a big variety of things ALL FREE to me that I make small amounts of money on that all add up, NOTHING I could live on but its nice extra money in time.

readingHere is the most recent one I started doing. You sign up for FREE and then you pick 50 topics of interest to YOU out of over 300 of them and they give you short articles to read and then when you read them you give them a star rating on how good or bad you think they are, you can get 3 cents to 10 cents per article.  You can't cash out until you have $50 and it has to be through paypal.

http://www.readbud.com/?ref=4633240

PS if you want to make money online you will need a FREE paypal acct anyway bc most online work pays thru paypal. I have had a free paypal acct linked to my bank acct for several years and have had to issues. I get paid all the time that way.

Yvonne

Momof5Teens67
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:44 PM

briefcasereadingwritingtyping

I do a LOT of various FREE things at home and mostly thank to two main resources one is a group on cafemom and one is a different free website also from moms who got sick of the scams and reached out for free to share their GOOD resources for online or at home work at NO COST to you or catches or strings attached that aren't scams .

I started a whole new topic in this group on this subject bc so many moms need or want this kind of information. Please read all about what helped me the most in that thread. GOOD LUCK

http://www.cafemom.com/group/advice/forums/read/11811249/FREE_Resources_for_Making_a_LITTLE_Extra_At_Home_PIOG

Yvonne

islandgirl507
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 8:21 PM

Thank you all for replying, the advice was very helpful.

gettin2serious
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 8:25 PM

I work from home full time for a company (telecommute).  I make over $50,000/yr. plus benefits.  It IS possible.

Check LEGIT sites like

ratracerebellion.com

wahm.com (where I got my start)

workathomemafia.com

workplacelikehome.com

Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)