Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who knew planning this would be so hectic!

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:00 AM
  • 7 Replies

I am attempting to plan a b-day party for my kids on July 31. It is going to be a pool party at Grandmas house. I feel like I have so much to do it is driving me crazy! Surprise parties are not so good with anxiety and ocd. I feel stressed to the max!

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
rockinmomto2
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:02 AM

I'm sorry! I'm in the process of planning my DSs party, and his is on Saturday. I've gotten exactly ONE thing done (his cake ordered). I still have tons to do! I've found that lists are my best friend so that I don't forget anything!

canthaveboys1
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:05 AM

Quoting rockinmomto2:

I'm sorry! I'm in the process of planning my DSs party, and his is on Saturday. I've gotten exactly ONE thing done (his cake ordered). I still have tons to do! I've found that lists are my best friend so that I don't forget anything!

I started making a list, and I felt like I would hyperventilate looking at how long it was. lol!

Lb128f
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:09 AM

I understand...and I'm sorry. I'm sure it will all work out and everyone will have fun. If you need any games...this is a great site!

http://www.partygamecentral.com/ Click on CUSTOM GAME PLANNER

canthaveboys1
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:13 AM

Quoting Lb128f:

I understand...and I'm sorry. I'm sure it will all work out and everyone will have fun. If you need any games...this is a great site!

http://www.partygamecentral.com/ Click on CUSTOM GAME PLANNER

Thank You!

My kids are nosey. I am only telling parents and kids that I wont be seeing my kids before the party. So there is no chance of spoiling it.

mommawombat
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:07 AM

Only two things you need to worry about is the Food and the cake. The kids won't care about the rest. take it easy and enjoy yourself.

canthaveboys1
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:54 AM

Quoting mommawombat:

Only two things you need to worry about is the Food and the cake. The kids won't care about the rest. take it easy and enjoy yourself.

It is just stressful. I am the type that wants everything done right this very minute.

Momof5Teens67
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:26 PM

hugs Awwww you are such a good mom sacrificing so much for your little girls and especially with anxiety and ocd, omgoodness that is hard to deal with under normal circumstances much less a big important event. HUGS

Try to keep reminding yourself of the TRUTH so your mind doesnt run away on you to torture you! Keep reminding yourself that your girls ARE going to have fun and so is everyone else (but the girls are most important) and even if things dont go perfectly or heaven forbid the suprise gets spoiled or something like that, It will not change the fact those girls will feel special and loved and cherish this as a happy memory from their childhoods long after they are grown NO MATTER WHAT! 

HAVE FUN AND GOOD LUCK!!!!  

Yvonne

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)