Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you FEEL about your cable company?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:53 AM
  • 18 Replies

I effing HATE mine! We had Suddenlink for YEARS and they were always screwing with us. I'd have to call, have a fit, threaten to leave, and end up with a better rate every time lol. Service still sucked though, and the final straw was going into their local office and having the chick at the desk be a C U Next Tuesday lol.

We switched to direct tv and hope to get it this week. We've been living with channels 2-13 and it sucks. I always see people complaining on FB about their cable companies, how do you feel about yours?

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cutebaby06
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:58 AM

I have Charter and I love them.They are always so nice and the the service is great.I think it's gone out once or so and was back on within loke 5,10 minutes or so.And I've had them for about 2 ,3 years or so.

WheelersWife88
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:58 AM

We have had Dish Network which we hated because they were always changing our rates and then lied to me about being able to get out of our contract when my husband deployed. We had to pay so much money per month that was left on our contract to get out of it. They wanted me to transfer it my parents since that is where I was living when he deployed. They already had direct tv so that made since.....

We then had Comcast when we moved and our bill doubled after the "promotion" ended. We canceled it and only have internet. I don't miss cable at all. I can watch most of the shows online.

lundaylove
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:22 PM

i cannot stand time warner but of course in my block thats the only thing  we get. i know at one point someone had to have had satelite cuz there is a dish on our roof but ive called and they said right now they get no service so im stuck with shitty service. i hate it. they overcharge and the boxes constantly break and im just done. i hate them but i couldnt stand not having cable/internet right now.

two_dark_eyez
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:24 PM
We've always used suddenlink as well. Always had issues with the internet. I'm actually getting my internet set up right now with them lol I only continue to use them because they were the cheapest
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mereinhart28
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:24 PM

I just get mad when they keep raising the rates. It was just on the news last night that they are raising rates AGAIN. We have no other option, other than no tv or antenna. 

slm047
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:25 PM

I have FTC here in South Carolina.. I can honestly say, I don't have complaints! We have digital cable [including Showtime], internet, & a house phone for $103/month. The service works great even during storms.

YourMyTrouble
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:26 PM
We don't have tv in our house.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bonnie
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:28 PM

Charter here SUCKS! We had Comcast in Virginia and they were so awesome. Cable would go out and they were there the same day. This was a very secluded area, too. But now that we are in a more populated area and have Charter, sometimes it's days before we can get a service call!

rockinmomto2
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:28 PM

I have Cox, and they're pretty good. Sometimes the service gets iffy, and I have to reset the boxes, but otherwise, they're good. We have an HD DVR, and they have a ton of HD channels. We had DirecTV, and we HATED them. Every time it rained, our service would go out. And god forbid it snowed. We'd be out of service for days. And our box was defective, so they had to come out and replace it once or twice. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

mommas3cubs
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:29 PM

We have Armstrong Cable and I love it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)