Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lean Pockets

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:05 PM
  • 8 Replies

Years ago I tried some kind of "pockets" and decided they were inedible. Last week Lean Pockets were on sale, so out of curiosity I bought a package and have heated it up but not tried it yet since I am waiting for it to cool as according to directions.  The directions say after cooking it to fold and lock the sleeve bottom. I am puzzled about this. Why is it required that you eat it using the sleeve? Do you like them or have you ever tried them?

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
canthaveboys1
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:11 PM

I take hot pockets to work. I usually use the fork to eat them so i dont make a total mess of myself. However for on the go eating it is convenient to hold it.

Bmat
by Barb on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:14 PM

I just finished mine. It was a mess- the cheese leaked out.  A fork would be more reasonable. The directions should say optional eating instructions. I thought there was some reason we were being instructed to eat them a certain way. As far as taste, I think I won't buy any more. They aren't gross, just unexciting.

canthaveboys1
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:32 PM

Quoting Bmat:

I just finished mine. It was a mess- the cheese leaked out.  A fork would be more reasonable. The directions should say optional eating instructions. I thought there was some reason we were being instructed to eat them a certain way. As far as taste, I think I won't buy any more. They aren't gross, just unexciting.

The only thing I eat that is lean is hamburger meat. lol! I eat the hot pockets because it is quick and easy for work. I have never attempted to eat them in the pouch. I just think that would be a disaster!

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:33 PM

NO NO NO NO NO!!! Bmat! NO NO. Lean is a misleading statement, those are junky junky. Yuck. I will make you lunch Bmat come over lol.

Owl_Feather
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:38 PM

I dont think it's required, but it's just helpful for on-the-go. I buy them sometimes, but i prefer to make them from scratch! they taste so much better that way plus i know what's going in them.

Bmat
by Barb on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:46 PM

I can well believe that what you make is better.  I don't feel that I have had something nourishing. :(

Quoting Owl_Feather:

I dont think it's required, but it's just helpful for on-the-go. I buy them sometimes, but i prefer to make them from scratch! they taste so much better that way plus i know what's going in them.

Bmat
by Barb on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:47 PM

:)   OK. 

I didn't even look at what was in them. It said "lean" right?  And on sale. (just kidding)

Quoting AM-BRAT:

NO NO NO NO NO!!! Bmat! NO NO. Lean is a misleading statement, those are junky junky. Yuck. I will make you lunch Bmat come over lol.

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:15 PM

LOL I forgive you, they tried to trick you! Shame on them!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)