Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

[update] Is pleased with DHS ATM

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:43 PM
  • 134 Replies

This is an update to I NEVER THOUGHT ID BE CALLING DHS ON MY OWN MOTHER ( http://www.cafemom.com/group/advice/forums/read/11793893/_update_again_AND_AGAIN_I_NEVER_THOUGHT_ID_BE_CALLING_CPS_ON_MY_OWN_MOTHER )

the other post was getting pretty long with updates so...

anyways. I called DHS Friday around 3:45ish (PM) and it's now Monday and they were at my mothers house bright and early.

So I called my mother, because I need my aunt's cell number. This is how the covo went:

HER: "Hello"

ME: "Hey"

HER: "What are you doing"

ME: Calling because I need Jeanna's cell number. How's my babies and what you doing?"

HER: "Waiting on this damn DHS worker to get the fuck out of my house"

ME: "*small pause* oh...Well call me when they leave"

HER: "I don't know how well this is going to end, but i'll try"

ME: "Ok"

HER: "I love you"

ME: "I love you too"

Hopefully she calls back. I want to know what the DHS worker said. Dad is at work right now, and this is the time that Mom usually does her crap, while he isn't there. So i'm wandering if they caught her doing anything.

I finally heard from my  mother almost 4 hours after my first call of the morning to her. she said CPS had been there for about 30 minutes before i called, and had left about 5 minutes before she finally answered. so they were there about 4 and a half hours just at that point! they were coming back after my dad got off work at 3pm. (when i talked to my mom this evening because i had a missed call from her, she said the CPS lady just left and finished talking to dad, that she was there about an hr and a half just talking to dad, but she rushed off the phone real quick once i told her i was calling to return her call. she said she forgot why she called. and hung up)  

mom said from the second she answered the door, every word from her mouth pissed of the CPS worker. it was almost like mom was proud of that. the worker spent a little over an hour talking to each of the twins by themselves, an hour talking to mom telling what all had been reported to them (they didnt say who called just what they were told that mom was doing) and about an hour or so talking to her about beign admitted to a mental hospital. she said when the case worker brought up the drug use in front of the kids mom went to her room and grabbed all of her RX and her pot and laid it right out for her. the case worker questioned why she had empty RX bottles that were labeled and said they were just filled a week or two prior, and they are a month supply. but she didnt explain her answer to me. 

i think there was other people who recently called CPS because some of the things the case worker told mom that people was accusing her of, i never said to the CPS people. it was things that i didnt know about. 

i had a hard time understanding my mom because she would pause every few seconds in the conversation, for about 30 seconds each time. she would "confuse" words and forget what she was saying...she just wasnt making much since. i plan on calling later when i can talk to dad and find out what all happened. but from what i got from my mom, was that the CPS worker demanded mom go to Red Rock (mental hosp.) and mom refused and even cusses her out . so she was then forced to return to cedar ridge (she was just there a few weeks ago). she was not given a choice. but im not sure when it is she will be admitted. im sure that was determined after they talked to dad.

mom said she isnt sure if the kids will be taken (she said this before dad got off work, so before the investigation was done for the day) or not. but even if no one else calls CPS on her, this isnt the end of her seeing the CPS people. she was told flat out, they will be back. and its an open investigation at this point. 

my mom told me "that BITCH had the nerve to tell me to change my tone of voice when talking to my kids". i asked her "well why would she need to tell you that, unless she heard you yelling at them or something right in front of her?" and she just kind of changed the subject. 

so......hopefully i can get a full story when i call dad later. 

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bonnie
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:01 PM

Wait... Your father is still in the picture and she does this? Have you tried talking to him about it first?

Mom.Since07
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:06 PM

Yeah, my sister and i have both talked to him and he just gets mad, yells, and gets defensive and doesn't talk to us for a few days. like i said in my other post...i didnt go straight to CPS. I did try doing other things first. CPS was my last resort.

Quoting Bonnie:

Wait... Your father is still in the picture and she does this? Have you tried talking to him about it first?

notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:08 PM

Does she know you called on her?

Mom.Since07
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:15 PM

She doesn't know it was me, no. Its not like i called CPS then called her and gave her a red flag. I wanted her to be unprepared and not expecting it. 

but shes had other investigations with CPS recently too. i talked to her over an hour ago, and i still havent heard back from her. so im not sure what is going on or if theyre still there. my sis. said shes about to call and try to see whats going on. use the excuse that shes calling to vent about being laid off. (she went into work this AM only to be told the store was in the hole [own has a gambling prob] and they are shuttng down and must be out by today. she was given no warning so shes ticked)

canthaveboys1
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:25 PM

Oh good grief!

brittany21921
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:29 PM

I'm lost, just got on for the day. Where is your original post?

:)

Mom.Since07
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:33 PM

Quoting brittany21921:

I'm lost, just got on for the day. Where is your original post?

:)

updated with link

canthaveboys1
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:01 PM

I have to be honest here. This is too much family drama/dysfunction. I would move away and be done with it.

ShirreeM
by Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:07 PM

Holy cow! Good luck with everything!

Mom.Since07
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:28 PM

it's been about 2 and a half hours and neither my mom, or dad are answering. its not too surprising that dad isnt answering since hes at work. he usually calls back on his breaks or something....im really curious as to what happened

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)