Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

21 month boy with temper!

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:10 PM
  • 7 Replies

Hello ladies. I have a 21 month old boy. He is a very good boy, quiet and as sweet as can be. Lately he has developed this awful temper, especially if he doesn't get what he wants. I have a 3, almost 4 yr old daughter who never got this bad. Is it a boy thing? Do any of your kids have bad tempers? Do they go away? Lol, I'm sure they do but sometimes I feel like they never will. Thanks!

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mygardenia
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:16 PM

Bumpy

mygardenia
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:19 PM

Blah blah,

LilGina
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:24 PM

my 18 month old sweet sweet girl has suddenly turned in to the biggest brat ever I am not sure what to do either she doesn't listen she knows her name but ignores me when I call her and if she doesn't get what she wants she screams at the top of her lungs and stomps around and throws her self to the ground its very frustrating i know

mygardenia
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:32 PM

Quoting LilGina:

my 18 month old sweet sweet girl has suddenly turned in to the biggest brat ever I am not sure what to do either she doesn't listen she knows her name but ignores me when I call her and if she doesn't get what she wants she screams at the top of her lungs and stomps around and throws her self to the ground its very frustrating i know

Glad to know I am not the only one. Lol. I've heard of kids having bad tempers but my daughter never got like this, but you can't imagine until your little one has one. It's actually interesting bc the only time he freaks out it when I am changing his clothes or when baseball is not on the TV. He is pissed without baseball. I mean pissed.

mygardenia
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:41 PM

Bump again

Jlee4249
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:46 PM
My dd hit her "terrible two" after she turned two, but my ds hit his a few months before. It's about that time that the seemingly sweet kid starts testing his limits (and yours). Both of mine got time-outs until they were "all done" throwing fits, then they could get up. My son's fit-throwing lasted a little longer than my dd's, but that has less to do w/him being a boy & more to do w/him taking after me in the stubborn dept. They're both back to normal, now that they know I won't tolerate it. When they begin a fit, I immediately ask if they'd like to go to bed/room/sit in the corner
and when they say, no, I ask, are you all done? & the temper tantrum stops. I always follow it up w/a distracting question having nothing to do w/the situation. It always seems to help them switch their focus.
Best of luck to you.
mygardenia
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:53 PM

Sounds good thanks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)