Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

cold sores what can i do??

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:17 PM
  • 5 Replies

my son who is 2 has had a horrible past week. first he had a urinary infection yeah that one was painful. well randomly after a week he got a fever (high fever) i called his doctor and assured me it wasn't because of the UTI since his on antibiotics (really strong antibiotics it cant go stronger) so she said to wait and see. my poor son has been miserable this past two days, now to add he has cold sores on his tongue and he hasn't ate anything since yesterday and wont eat. and i know his hungry but he wont eat. well its devastating i been giving him the pedialyte thing well now he doesn't even want that. i got him the frozen pops and nothing i don't know what to do. what can i put so they wont hurt or best so they can go away. i been trying to reach the doctor since yesterday and i just get the she will call you back deal. hmmm yeah its been a day and I'm still waiting.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
modelmom04
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:21 PM

Put baby orajel on them when he is about to eat.  It will numb them long enough to eat, but it only lasts for a little while.  There is medicine you can get over the counter and they will go away faster, but it burns and had a horrible taste.  HOnestly I would rather deal with them myself instead of using the meds.  Hope he gets to feeling better. 

Tiger420
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:24 PM
Try acidophilus (sp?). That's what my mom used to give us when we had cold sores.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alejandra10
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:34 PM

whats that?

Quoting Tiger420:

Try acidophilus (sp?). That's what my mom used to give us when we had cold sores.

Tiger420
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:38 PM
It's some kind of medicine.

Quoting Alejandra10:

whats that?

Quoting Tiger420:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:02 PM

hugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)