Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ewwww foot biter

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:24 PM
  • 7 Replies

what do i do my son just turned 1 june 24 and he has 4 teeth...normally he tries to blow rasberries on ppls legs but lately he has been biting ppl...he only bites toes though...if you have your feet covered he wont try to bite but if they are uncovered then he grabs and bites...he has always liked feet (that grosses me out) but we had kinda gotten him to stop messing with them until he started bitting...any advice on how to stop him from biting ppls feet...pls help

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
saraface5383
by Sara on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:26 PM

bump! my sons 9 months and literally will chase my feet by crawling super fast after me... he loves when their painted also it was funny at first but now its like unsanitary lol

Brittsea
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:32 PM

i know what you mean...its crazy and i dont know haow to get my son to stop...it really is unsanitary i mean most illnesses are contracted through bare feet and the fact that my child like to bike feet worries me

canthaveboys1
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:35 PM

Good Luck! my littlest one is a biter, and I am working on it. She doesnt do the toe thing, thank god!

ipissexcellence
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:37 PM

i'm still trying to figure that out and mine is three! he's even bitting his own toe nails now *eww* when mine would bite us we would bite him back, and he stopped.

bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:06 PM

tell him NO in a loud, stern voice, remove him from the toes, and give him a toy - it may take doing this every time 100s of times, but he'll eventually get it

Morita-Michelle
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:15 PM

I had a bitter but he would bite my but when I was sitting down. OUCH. Some times they do it to get a reaction it is fun to see people go ouch and pull there feet back. One of my sons would bite me when he was breast feeding he liked to see my reaction it seemed because when I would not react and removed him he stopped.  Hang in there and try not to react and sternly say no and divert his attention to some thing else.

surprised

Brittsea
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:13 PM

i try that...i have even popped his hand b ut it seems that the only person he will listen to my fiance (which is his step dad)...my son is a real mans man type of 1 year old...

Quoting bamababe1975:

tell him NO in a loud, stern voice, remove him from the toes, and give him a toy - it may take doing this every time 100s of times, but he'll eventually get it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)