Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you an overly strict parent or a overly lax parent?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:38 PM
  • 11 Replies

Or do you fall someone where in between and what in your opinion is the best parenting style?

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MovalMomsADMIN
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:38 PM

lax

Tiger420
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:39 PM
I think I'm pretty inbetween but others say I'm too strict.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CoUrtNEyLeE
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:40 PM

My son has manners, can get filthy dirty if he wants, he picks up after himself, can dump out the whole toy bin, is in bed by 9 unless its sleepover night, can sleep in as late as he feels he needs to, LOL

I think im in the middle, we just do what works!

katieschroeder
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:41 PM

I'm very strict - perhaps overly so.  I didn't start this way, but after my ds was kicked out of TWO preschools, I had to do something.  I really believe it's the individual child that creates the parenting style.  My son gets away with NOTHING... for now at least, as he's responds, my parenting becomes slightly more lax.

Morita-Michelle

I am a lax parent and I don'tcare what others thing. I do not let them act out in public and they are good for others when I leave them to be babysat.

Amlynnk

im lax ... but over worrysome at time. Hubby on the other hand is overly protective and strict lol but im working on him :P

LilGina
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:42 PM

i think i am to lax and i don't know how to fix it my 8 year old is filthy and he doesn't care I have to get in to a screaming match with him to even attempt to pic up his room he could live in it and not even see the floor its so dirty and he'd be perfectly happy i am starting to worry about his future i can only imagine him as an adult and having this not care attitude its scary

Cocoa25

I think I might be too lax

jeenw1019

I think I'm in between but I know friend and family think I'm strict.  I just want my DD know how to behave and she does not need to eat junk all the time.  I dont think thats strict but teaching her manners and good eating habits.   

ameliasmommy221
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:45 PM

I have a 21 month old I am strict but I hover more than anything. I think it's good to be in between. For example when my dd gets older and she wants to go out with friends. I have to of course know who she is going out with, what they are doing, where you know the important things you should know about your kids. If she wants to stay the night at her friends house I have to know the parents and talk to them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)