Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

a friendship broken (kind of long)

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:26 PM
  • 3 Replies

i have a question

do you think its possible for two fairly good friends to mend things after you've walked away and decided not to be friends anymore

myself and a friend of mine were pretty close. she was there for me and vise versa but we've only been close about 2 years. i noticed that certain little things about her rubbed me the wrong way and she probably felt the same way about me becuase we are very differnet people.... but we always seemed to ignore it and get along, until one day she sent me and email and decided to run down her true feelings in what i thought was an argumentative tone, long story short we went back and forth for a little while and i have to admit my feelings were really hurt and i was completely caught off guard by her accusations. from that day forward i never felt the same towards her. i always felt like i had to be on egg shells, watching what i say and do. even though we apologized to each other i knew things would never be the same...well we stayed friends but not as close until one day we got into it again.. over something stupid.. something merely a matter of opinion. i feel that she tries to bully me into seeing things her way.. or wants me to back down and not argue my view point.. well i have news for you im no ones puppet and the bottom line is i didnt feel comfortable around her at all anymore so i told her i didnt want to be friends anymore and i stopped talking to her completely.. its been about 6 months and i cant help but to think about it sometimes because we work in the same building so i see her often and we have some mutual associates so i hear about her sometimes...

i feel bad for the way things went but i also dont feel like i could ever truly be her friend again and have a real, open and close relationship like we used to... should i try to make it work again but keep it at a distance or just forget about it.

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
proudmomma1986
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:36 PM
If it was me, I wouldn't pursue a friendship again but I wouldn't totally ignore each other either. Just be friendly and merely associates. Hope that helps.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shyysmom
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:59 PM

yeah we've been trying that lately

like sending causal emails once in awhile saying hi

but sometimes i feel like i should be obligated to mend the friendship

Morita-Michelle
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:21 PM

Your under no obligation to stay friends with some one you do not like and feel like your on egg shells when your with her.

frustrated

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)