Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Finding new foods for a picky eater

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:21 PM
  • 2 Replies

How can I get my picky 3 year old to try other foods? It seems all she will ever eat is chicken nuggets. I plead with her all the time to try other things but she won't. She will sit at the table and just not eat if I make something she doesn't like (even though she's never even tried it). She refuses to try new things. For example today I'm making mashed potatoes, baked beans and carrots for dinner. She won't eat any of it. She wants chicken nuggets. What can I do to get her to eat some actual food?

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:03 PM

Keep offering her the other food, do not give in. Most kids will not starve themselves (some are super stubborn).

Morita-Michelle
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:17 PM

Keep offering other foods. 3 is a hard age they are old enough to voice there opinion and to young to really know what they want and what is best for them. Just remember there stommic is as big as there fist. They do not need alot of food to be full. Also do not plead with the child to eat your giving attention for the wrong behavior. Just offer the food no fuss and let the child decide if they want to eat it or not. A child of that age should be getting snacks also so just keep offering food with no fuss or pleading for them to eat it. Unless you have heath issues she will eventually eat. I have two diabetics (type 1) and they were very small one was 6 months old and the other was a month shy of being two. We did not worry about food or give in to demands for other foods other then what was given. I did try to make sure there snacks were something they liked. But dinner and the meals were a different story I am not a restaurant and the do not get to choose. They are 10years old and 8 years old now and they are healthy and love different foods.

Hang in there they say the terrible twos but really the threes are harder sometimes.

toddler girl

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)