Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cloth Diapering Question (PIOG...Kinda) :) **Edit!**

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:38 PM
  • 22 Replies

I wanted to know if anybody has tried Thirsties Duo Diapers? They were the big one that the lady recommended at the shop I bought my one from. But I haven't heard anyone else give a review. Any cloth diapering mommies out there that have tried them? :) TIA for any help! (Oh, and I am asking because I am wondering if I should invest in more or not...and baby girl isn't here, yet, so I can't test it on her or her big brother because it is a small and he is almost 2.)

****I am adding a couple of diapers into the mix to get info on them. They are the brands on Babiesrus.com that I haven't heard anything about. Bumkins and Kushies. I think the ones I was looking at on there are covers, not the pockets or AIOs. Thanks! :)

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
comptonkids
by Gold Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:42 PM

i use the thirsties duo covers...i havent tried thier fitted's

i have fitted's i bought from CWCB group...they have a ton of WAHM that make and sell them

soontobe5
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:46 PM

I have not tried Thirsties we use G-diapers. Let me know how they work out. Always looking for a another good cloth diaper.

mandafox
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:04 PM

I think I am going to like them. I have been trying BumGenius on my almost 2 year old, and I hate taking out the inserts and throwing them in the wash. With Thirsties Duos they have openings in the front and back, so you don't have to take the inserts out, they come out during the spin cycle. Funny, though...no one seems to have tried Thirsties...

Quoting soontobe5:

I have not tried Thirsties we use G-diapers. Let me know how they work out. Always looking for a another good cloth diaper.

mandafox
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:06 PM

BUMP!

jackiewal10
by Gold Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:06 PM

Quoting soontobe5:

I don't want to steal this post or anything,  I read it hoping to get some info of my own.  How do you like the G-diapers?  I have been looking, and so far, those are the ones that have caught my interest.  Any info would be helpful.  Thanks.

dosthepost
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:08 PM

Bump, I'm a gDiapers girl :)

dosthepost
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:10 PM

Quoting jackiewal10:

Quoting soontobe5:

I don't want to steal this post or anything,  I read it hoping to get some info of my own.  How do you like the G-diapers?  I have been looking, and so far, those are the ones that have caught my interest.  Any info would be helpful.  Thanks.

I haven't put them on a kid yet, but i just got some for my baby boy (who isn't here yet), and I absolutely think they're the way to go. I haven't heard anything bad about them either... not when used properly anyway.

mandafox
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:00 PM

No worries. If this post can help others, too, that's great! :) I have a friend that recently got some G Diapers for her LO and she LOVES them. She was talking them up to me...but she uses them more for travel. I haven't done a ton of research, but I didn't want to have to buy the disposable inserts.

Quoting jackiewal10:

Quoting soontobe5:

jackiewal10
by Gold Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:05 PM

The now make cloth, non-disposable inserts as well.

Quoting mandafox:

No worries. If this post can help others, too, that's great! :) I have a friend that recently got some G Diapers for her LO and she LOVES them. She was talking them up to me...but she uses them more for travel. I haven't done a ton of research, but I didn't want to have to buy the disposable inserts.

Quoting jackiewal10:

Quoting soontobe5:

mandafox
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 9:27 AM

Oh, really? For G Diapers? Huh, I'll have to look into that!

Quoting jackiewal10:

The now make cloth, non-disposable inserts as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)