Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Scooby Doo says school isn't at important

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:39 PM
  • 11 Replies
So my dd are watching Scooby Doo while I fix dinner. That is until Fred tells the gang that salving this mystery was more important then school. I changed it as soon as I heard it. I know it's a show and it's their job to solve mysteries but is it really a good idea to teach 6&7 yr old that school isn't as important as they once thought it was!!!! I guess changing the channel was over reacting a lil but I want the girls to grow up knowing education only comes 2nd to God and family. What do u all think about this!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momcat437
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:42 PM

I agree--and Scooby needs speech therapy...

mommyof4gurlz
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:46 PM
I want go into detail cuz moms argue with me about this but i will say there is ALOT my kids will not watch n my home
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dustinsmommy74
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:59 PM

I agree with certain things they shouldn't watch. Was this the new Scooby Doo that just came on tonight. My 6 year old watched it and he has said nothing about it. But he knows it is a cartoon and that he is not old enough to solve mysteries. LMAO

momofSkyeNShy
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:15 PM
Yes it's one of the New scooby doo. The girls are 6&7 so they know it's just a cartoon. It's just not right to suggest to kids that school is less important then anything other then family. The girls didn't say anything either which is good but I still kind of find it wrong for them to hear that. I've found that they won't say things they have learned from a show until days after watching it. Not until a related topic comes up again.

Quoting dustinsmommy74:

I agree with certain things they shouldn't watch. Was this the new Scooby Doo that just came on tonight. My 6 year old watched it and he has said nothing about it. But he knows it is a cartoon and that he is not old enough to solve mysteries. LMAO

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jamie1972
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:15 PM

I nvr heard anything like at in any of Scooby Doo cartoons. And hes my fave too. Unless it was said in refrence to a school function like a dance or something and not school itself. Besdides Scooby rocks =)

Jadegirl1819
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:18 PM

That kind of surprised me, too.  It was a pretty lame cartoon.  It didn't hold my kids attention.

dustinsmommy74
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:29 PM

Quoting momofSkyeNShy:

Yes it's one of the New scooby doo. The girls are 6&7 so they know it's just a cartoon. It's just not right to suggest to kids that school is less important then anything other then family. The girls didn't say anything either which is good but I still kind of find it wrong for them to hear that. I've found that they won't say things they have learned from a show until days after watching it. Not until a related topic comes up again.

Quoting dustinsmommy74:

I sat my son down and talked to him about it after reading your post. Okay I am a paranoid mom lol. He laughed at me and told me it was just a cartoon. Of course he knows school is more important. I feel better! He loves Scooby Doo. I am glad you posted this though. It is good to talk to your kids about things like that. 

dustinsmommy74
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:30 PM

Quoting Jamie1972:

I nvr heard anything like at in any of Scooby Doo cartoons. And hes my fave too. Unless it was said in refrence to a school function like a dance or something and not school itself. Besdides Scooby rocks =)

I agree on the Scooby rocks thing! LOL

pregogirl
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:41 PM

We all grew up watching scooby do. And I for one graduated school.Just saying...

Fetters4
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:43 PM

My daughter loved the new Scooby-Do. She is three so its not really affecting her. I grew up on Scooby-Do and came out just fine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)