Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do??? Please help!!

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:54 PM
  • 4 Replies

I think that it's time for me to find a new job.  The thing is that my hubby isn't really helping me make any decisions.  So I'm looking for outside thoughts.

Right now, I travel ALOT, and am gone for anywhere from 4 months to a few days.  I used to love my job, but now am just burned out.  There's alot of nasty politics going on at the office right now, and everyone pretty much has the attitude of " I don't give a s**t".  Which is pretty much where I'm at.  I don't make the type of money that I think I should (or that others are making for that matter).  I make "decent" money, which is one of the main things thats keeping me there right now (that and hubby thinks we have to have my salery to make ends meet).

I've been looking for jobs closer to home (right now the office is an hour away).  My thought is that if I'm closer to home, we won't have to spend so much on daycare, gas, etc.  So I wouldn't need to make the wage that I am right now.  But the onlyh things that I can find are office type jobs, which to a point I'm qualified for, I just don't have a lot of experience.  Hubby doesn't want me even applying to these jobs for 2 reasons, 1. they don't pay as much and 2. He thinks I'll be very unhappy.  My thought is that it's killing me more to leave my kids each than it would to sit in an office everyday.  I just see people with these jobs and they seem happy, they get to spend time with their kids.

So I'm wondering if I should apply to these jobs anyway, or should I just suck it up at my current job?

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mommawombat
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:03 PM

Your hubby is in the wrong. He has no right no telling you how to run your body. You are missing your children's childhood, they only come around once. You always can get a sucky get me though until I find one that I'm quailify for around home job. 

I'm sure your children would love mommy at home to tuck them in every night.

chaoticmonkey2
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:06 PM

Do you think your husband enjoys you being gone so much and just doesn't want to lose the freedom?

jabs54
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:07 PM

I would apply to jobs that you are interested in.  Just don't let your current job know because they may make your life miserable.  You'll never know if you don't try but you just might find the "perfect" job.  Good luck!

busysmurf
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:11 PM

I will be the first to admit that I make better money when I'm out of town.  Hubby makes better money when I'm home.  I think he's worried I went to school for nothing, afrfaid of losing the income, and he's worried I won't like a new job and will just keep switching jobs.  He's the type that once he's at a job he stays no matter what.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)