Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP, I bleached my hair and it's terrible, UPDATE WITH PIC

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:00 PM
  • 60 Replies

So as you may know I have dyed black hair, I wanted a change so I decided to get an at home bleach kit, I went with clairol nice and easy born blonde maxi.  I put it on and left it in for 3 hours and still my hair was just orange so I tried it again and here are pics of what it looks like now.  Now should I continue to try and bleach it or can I dye over it since it's pretty light?  And if I can what color would you recommend?  THANKS!!

So I dyed over the orange with a dark brown, some of the orange is still showing so I'll redye again in a few weeks, but here is a pic of the hair now lol

Ashley, Momma To Dallas and Wife To Howard

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
disgustipated
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:01 PM

3 hours?!? You're lucky you have hair.

disgustipated
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:02 PM

And as far as coloring over it... it depends on what color you want it to be. You can't get it any lighter unless you bleach it more.

jabs54
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:03 PM

It's a little orange but not "clown" orange or anything.  I kind of like it.  I think you'd better stop though, too much chemical can really hurt your hair.

chaoticmonkey2
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:04 PM

GO TO A PROFESSIONAL!

Jadegirl1819
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:04 PM

I think you need to leave it or go to a pro

dustinsmommy74
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:06 PM

Go to a professional before you ruin your hair for good. It is a pretty color though. 

MarShy740
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:06 PM

Too much can be bad for your hair! Go to a pro though and ask

kptbab
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:08 PM

you can see a professional but if you are one of us who can not afford corrective color which can get very pricey this is what i suggest: I would not recommend bleaching again as I think it would be too damaging to your hair (especially since the bleach was left on so long). What you need to do is go to a beauty supply store and get a TONER not hair color and make sure it has a blue-violet base( one of the sales people can help you if necessary but it should be on the box.) Use a 10 or 20 volume peroxide with the toner. That should eliminate the orange in your hair. Also using a purple shampoo like shimmer lights will help over time as well only use this about once a week and make sure to get a protein treatment and use a reconstructor. If you would like to lighten your hair further I would wait about 2-3 weeks after having a treatment and lots of deep conditioning and then use professional type products from a beauty supply store and don’t use a developer higher than 30 volume and never ever leave it on for more than 60 minutes. Then follow the same conditioning routines to keep damage at a minimum and get some strength back into your hair as bleaching is very damaging.

chaoticmonkey2
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:16 PM

OR you could just shave your head

Quoting kptbab:

you can see a professional but if you are one of us who can not afford corrective color which can get very pricey this is what i suggest: I would not recommend bleaching again as I think it would be too damaging to your hair (especially since the bleach was left on so long). What you need to do is go to a beauty supply store and get a TONER not hair color and make sure it has a blue-violet base( one of the sales people can help you if necessary but it should be on the box.) Use a 10 or 20 volume peroxide with the toner. That should eliminate the orange in your hair. Also using a purple shampoo like shimmer lights will help over time as well only use this about once a week and make sure to get a protein treatment and use a reconstructor. If you would like to lighten your hair further I would wait about 2-3 weeks after having a treatment and lots of deep conditioning and then use professional type products from a beauty supply store and don’t use a developer higher than 30 volume and never ever leave it on for more than 60 minutes. Then follow the same conditioning routines to keep damage at a minimum and get some strength back into your hair as bleaching is very damaging.

vwd_johnson
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:18 PM

yeah 3 hours girlfriend. never do that again.. hahahahah.. BUT you should get another bleach.. do it in a couple of days, then I suggest getting a CAP & putting in dark highlights.. that way your hair is lighter .. buttttt won't look so orange by putting in the dark highlights.. The reason is came out orange is because you had black. so your not going to get it yay pretty bleach blonde. but it would look really good if you did the bleach again & then put dark highlights.. and DON'T do black highlights.. do a dark brown.. don't do light brown because it'll just make ur hair look more orange.

but get a better bleach. make sure the box says straight up BLEACH.. not just blonde or born blonde & all that stuff.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)