Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Confused!

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:51 PM
  • 5 Replies

I brought one of those yeast infection do it yourself kit to see if I have an infection. In the directions it said only to use if you have a regular cycle, which I don't because I had a hysterectomy April of this year.

So can women without a cycle get an yeast infection? I just came off 10 days of antibiotics for my pneumonia. which I know can cause yeast infections

I don't know to treat for an infection or dryness which I have some of once in awhile. I can't go to the doctor, because our insurance got screwed up and we are waiting for the idiot to fix it.

I'm Miserable and cranky. I just want to get well.

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
onefootcutiepie
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:51 PM

Yes you can get a yeast infection if you don't get periods.

onefootcutiepie
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:53 PM

You ever had one before? Are you super itchy, gooky? Whitish yellowish yuck discharge? Inflamed, feels hot?

HeartsLove
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:56 PM

Yes you can still get a yeast infection. You still have natural bacterias in your vagina, and antibiotics will kill them off leaving the chace for yeast to grow. If you're waiting to see if you can use the creams or not, start taking a probiotic. That will help wonders

mommawombat
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:05 PM

I use to get them all the time. I was wondering because my dryness has the same itch. 

Damn men, why can't they get some of this crap!

kerijeanbean
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:34 PM

yes you can test if you don't have a cycle.  More than likely it is a yeast infection if you just got done with antibiotics.  I hope you feel better soon.  Those are so miserable.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)