Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Naptime temper tantrums!!!

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2010 at 2:09 PM
  • 10 Replies

Holy Moly!!! My 22 month old throws the worst tantrums at naptime. I try the cry it out...she screams for an hour...try to go in and calm her down and then lay her back down. She starts all over again...I feel like if I let her out, she will think screaming is the solution. Help.....

by on Jul. 17, 2010 at 2:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Jul. 17, 2010 at 2:20 PM

BUMP!

AuntieV
by on Jul. 17, 2010 at 2:26 PM

Try skipping nap time and early bedtime. Instead of putting her to bed just have quiet time where she can see you. My kids would play on a blanket till they fell asleep at about that age.

rash232
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2010 at 2:33 PM
My son is like that. So I make him stay in his bed while I clean the room. I "clean" and he falls asleep sooneer or later.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AngelicMommy_72
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2010 at 2:34 PM

Quoting AuntieV:

Try skipping nap time and early bedtime. Instead of putting her to bed just have quiet time where she can see you. My kids would play on a blanket till they fell asleep at about that age.

mine is 2 and a half and he honestly melts down after four hours of being awake and he actually puts himself down for a nap if he's tired enough... i freaked out one day cuz i was doin the dishes and when i was done he was not on the couch where i'd left him i'd call out for him and he would not answer... went to his room.. nothing.. at first... then i looked closer.. saw his pants in a pile by the bed, and his shirt thrown over the top of his head board.. he'd took his clothes off and buried himself under his blanket, and already after maybe fifteen minutes of me cleanin up the kitchen, was sound asleep! lol.

AuntieV
by on Jul. 17, 2010 at 2:47 PM

Quoting AngelicMommy_72:

Quoting AuntieV:

mine is 2 and a half and he honestly melts down after four hours of being awake and he actually puts himself down for a nap if he's tired enough... i freaked out one day cuz i was doin the dishes and when i was done he was not on the couch where i'd left him i'd call out for him and he would not answer... went to his room.. nothing.. at first... then i looked closer.. saw his pants in a pile by the bed, and his shirt thrown over the top of his head board.. he'd took his clothes off and buried himself under his blanket, and already after maybe fifteen minutes of me cleanin up the kitchen, was sound asleep! lol.

My cousin used to come to our house and crawl behind the couch. They lived a couple doors away and he would slip away from the other kids. There were 5 of us and 5 of them so everyone was always at our house. I guess he figured that was the only quiet place. LOL

shoegirl01
by on Jul. 17, 2010 at 2:49 PM

I tell my son the fun things we are planning after his nap.  (We are going to the store!  We are going to play!  We are going to dance!  We are going to the park! ) but, we can't do it until you go to nappy!!!  It works like a charm and I never have an argument at all.  Even if its, "we are going to play in the yard" or what ever its still exciting. 

Having a bad day?  Come vent here WITHOUT the drama of the other groups!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/momsventing

bellasmom32808
by on Jul. 17, 2010 at 2:52 PM

i let dd tell me if she needs a nap, kind of. She's 2. If she rubs her eyes, acts cranky, I put her in her room with the door closed, checking on her of course. Usually, she'll cry for about 10-15 mins, then play with her toys. After about half an hour, she's asleep.

Lorri33
by on Jul. 17, 2010 at 3:19 PM

There is no talking to her...once she goes in her crib, its breakdown, crazy fit throwing time. She is literally out of her mind. I went in twice and calmed her down without getting her out of the crib. I gave her back the things she threw out:) and she did it again....went back in and the third time worked. She wore herself out. My other two were nothing like this. Maybe its normal but man, its crazy the way she gets. Looks like I won today. I hope the fits stop soon:(

beckygeiger
by on Jul. 17, 2010 at 3:21 PM
I read this title and thought......Hmmm Thats my life. My daughter is 4 and we have naptime battles EVERY DAY! I know she is older but if she doesnt nap she is a nightmare by 5
FuzzybugsMommy
by on Jul. 17, 2010 at 3:30 PM

I wish this still worked with my oldest. He's four now, and I tell him at night "We'll get pancakes from McDonalds if you stop playing and go to sleep." HAHAHA What a joke! Lol. He keeps playing. He threw his blanket over a fan blade in there one morning before I got him up and it made me LIVID.

Quoting shoegirl01:

I tell my son the fun things we are planning after his nap.  (We are going to the store!  We are going to play!  We are going to dance!  We are going to the park! ) but, we can't do it until you go to nappy!!!  It works like a charm and I never have an argument at all.  Even if its, "we are going to play in the yard" or what ever its still exciting. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)