Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

37 weeks prego and hips hurt when I sleep

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2010 at 8:34 AM
  • 13 Replies

Hey Ladie!

Im 37 weeks pregnant and the pillows are not cutting it.  My hips hurt so much I I cant sleep. I have tried the pillows and sleeping sitting up .I wake up every hour or so to turrn which only causes more pain. Any one with adivice ?

boy kissing momJamie

by on Jul. 19, 2010 at 8:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lundaylove
by on Jul. 19, 2010 at 8:46 AM

pregnancy can be painful. i had to use 2 pillows and i could hardly move at the end of my pregnancy. rest easy knowing that you only have a few more weeks. itll be over before you know it.

klianemcb2
by on Jul. 19, 2010 at 8:50 AM

motrin!

JADIEBUG
by on Jul. 19, 2010 at 8:53 AM

Not while pregnant. You are only allowed Tylenol.

Quoting klianemcb2:

motrin!

LilrockerMama
by on Jul. 19, 2010 at 8:57 AM

I've had trouble with my hips since I was like 13 but since I've been pregnant, and I'm only 23 weeks! Its been so bad. I practically limp when I walk lol and I can't move in bed I have to practically fall out of bed to be able to sit up. It's hard to explain, but it's pretty miserable. I mentioned it to my Dr all he said was to try a pregnancy girdle and chiropractor. I havent tried either yet but I wish I knew how to make it better. I have almost fallen out of the tub just trying to lift my leg out of tub and my hip locking up or pinching-whatever? lol or putting pants on.. anything. I dread getting further along because it's already SO bad now... Good luck!! You're almost done!

wackymamma
by on Jul. 19, 2010 at 8:57 AM
i had the same problem with both of my prgnancys. its caused by your ligaments in your hips stretching getting ready for the birth of your lil angel. its normal and happens to almost everyone. theres no way to actually stop the pain but heres what i did and it worked for me. before i would go to bed i would take a nice bath and sit in there with candles and a good book for about an hour. then i would get out and when i went to bed i kept a hot pad on me. not for long as it can raise your babys temperture. 10 mins was all i needed. also using through the day will help. it is just one of those things that we must suffer through in order to be able to hold our child.
Kimberly954
by Silver Member on Jul. 19, 2010 at 8:58 AM

Visit the chiropractor. Helped me sooooo much!

PandTsmomjuly
by Silver Member on Jul. 19, 2010 at 9:21 AM

I can comiserate. When pregnant with my youngest, my hips spread so much that when rolling over the bones would grind. Talk about OW. It should get better after delivery.

I had to get a body pillow and stole my husband's pillows as well as used all of mine to support my entire body. Getting out of bed was a chore that I did not relish in the morning.

vipayne
by on Jul. 19, 2010 at 9:26 AM

my Dr said the same thing. they told me to get a pregnancy girdle and to take some Tylenol because that's about all you can do. i get it so bad i can't walk. i can barely get up and go to the bathroom and i need help out of bed. it's frustrating but i only have 2 more weeks to go and like everyone said it's worth it. just keep looking at the reward you get for going through all of the aches and pains.

Quoting wackymamma:

its caused by your ligaments in your hips stretching getting ready for the birth of your lil angel. its normal and happens to almost everyone. theres no way to actually stop the pain

_Jill_
by on Jul. 19, 2010 at 9:28 AM

Try laying flat on your back on the floor in different intervals throughout the day. Just LAY there...feel your body relaxing and your ligaments stretching into place. Hip pain was the WORST part of my pregnancy..

Katt709
by Katharine on Jul. 19, 2010 at 10:23 AM

Mine hurt horribly throughout my pregnancy. I just had to deal with it. I did use as many pillows as I could get! Between my legs, under my tummy, wedged into my back - wherever! Sorry, I know it sucks. But it's almost over - and is so worth it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)