Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help i cant sleep and its been a month and a half!!!!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 3:34 AM
  • 33 Replies

Hooo boy. its been a month and a half of tossing and turning, waking up,and im staying up till 1 am before im even sort of tired. Our DS gets up anywhere from 7 (usual) to 8:45 (more rare). so im up with him every morning. i do try and take a nap when he does at noon for about 2 hours. but that dosnt always happen since its a good time to try and get dishes done laundry ect. but its more often than not that i get at least 1 hour nap. i just cant seem to sleep at night. the usual fall asleep time for me is anywhere between 2:30 and 3:30 am now. im wondering if i need to make a drs appt for a sleep aid.... ill need one that i can wake up if DS needs me and not be useless. or one that you HAVE to the the 8 hours of sleep. anyone got any suggestions on maybe home treatments before i have to go and be all harsh? LOL and no i dont like warm milk.

LOL any help would be wonderful i think this has somethign to do with my harsh and moody replys im normally a really nice gal! LOL

navyamerican flag ribbon  toddler boy

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 3:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Daynaof3
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 3:39 AM

Well, first are you breastfeeding? Are you looking for something all natural?

mylilgooberpea
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 3:49 AM

nope not breastfeeding, im looking for any help... im kindo fat my whits end with dark circles under my eyes and almost falling asleep while playing blocks with DS!!!

Quoting Daynaof3:

Well, first are you breastfeeding? Are you looking for something all natural?

Love2Bugs
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 3:52 AM

Stop taking a nap. I know if i nap for even a few minuts a day i wont be able to sleep that night....

Daynaof3
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 3:53 AM
nessac1987
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 3:59 AM

hum...... have you tried a cup of cold chocolate milk... i dunno why that would make me very sleepy sometimes. or maybe exercise before your bedtime. some ppl exercise makes them tired afterwards and some its gives them energy. and dont take naps during the day. even if your really tired that will just give you all the energy you dont want... lol good luck!

Mom2Jade08
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:29 AM

Ask your doc about Melatonin... its natural and should help...

abstractmommy
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:31 AM

I'm right there with ya...

Ginnette
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:42 AM

camomille tea, tylenol pm  can also buy without tylenol,  as benedryl,melatoninsleep

Ginnette

Bmat
by Barb on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:28 AM

I can't take tylenol PM- it gives me restless legs.  Sometimes if I can't sleep, I do take regular tylenol, in case there is a pain that I'm not even noticing, and it does help.  Try cutting out all caffeine- coffee, tea, soda, chocolate.  Think back to when the problem started, have you changed any vitamins that you take, any foods that you eat or drink?  Try practicing some relaxation exercises. A quick summary of one is to relax each part of your body from toes to scalp, working your way up slowly, breathing slowly, making your mind focus on just the breathing and relaxing.

Tiger420
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:34 AM

Quoting Mom2Jade08:

Ask your doc about Melatonin... its natural and should help...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)