Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How would you react as a mother if? Vent too! UPDATE!!!!!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 6:28 AM
  • 48 Replies

Your child got shot with a bb gun? Ok here is the story my ds 6 an dd5 were outside at my dh grandmothers playing we were having a cookout when a couple of their cousins about 13 came over an started shooting them with bb guns..the bb had a plastic cover over them but are still bb..I confronted the boys an told them not to shoot my kids b/c they could put an eye out not to mention it hurts like hell..So when I went to the bathroom the kids shot them again their parents were next door asleep all my dh grandmother would say is boys just don't shot at their faces wth??? So needless to say i got pissed an we left now we are going bk to her house today an I was wondering what you would do  b/c i know their parents are not gonna be there..How do i handle this before i just go off an whip the shit outta these kids..Thanks!

Ok so we went bk to dh grandmothers,,and about 10 mins after we got there the parents of the shooting kids arrived,they came directly to us with their boys. The parents apologize to us for what had happen and said it would never happen again..They then told their boys to go get their bb gun, so they did.. The mother then told them that since they couldn't properly play with the gun that they were gonna let my kids have them..lmao..so when the boys gave it to my ds he gave it to dh an said an i quote him" here dad you need to break this because it can hurt people really bad an I don't want anything that can hurt me or someone." so my dh ask my ds how he could break it an ds replied "start a fire an pitch it in."lol..so dh went to the burn can started a fire an then let ds pitch it in..lol..The other boys were so mad..lol..but by the time the night was over all the kids were playing together and having fun..So it all worked out...the parents also told us that if their kids done anything else to our kids to let them know ASAP an it would be taken care of.. Thanks for all the advice ladies!!..

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 6:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pegleg63
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 6:32 AM

Thats BS and dangerous to shoot anyone with a BB gun, I don't care if it's in the face or not!  I would have called the cops when it happened the first time!  Happens again, make sure you call this time!

daiseymae2
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 6:35 AM
Sorry but I wouldn't be taking them back, period!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kentucky_mommie
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 6:37 AM

Well that's what i told dh and he said I was over reacting wth??..This is gonna cause big problems in my marriage if it can't be resolved..

Quoting daiseymae2:

Sorry but I wouldn't be taking them back, period!

proudmomma1986
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 6:41 AM

you could always take the bb gun and shoot them in the leg with it assuming they don't shoot each other already

23 yo wife of 4 yrs, DH 6/9/67, DS 8/17/05, and DD 4/21/09boy n girl

Kentucky_mommie
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 6:43 AM

yes they shoot each other..lol..b/c that's what i thought about doing shooting them in the a##..lol..

Quoting proudmomma1986:

you could always take the bb gun and shoot them in the leg with it assuming they don't shoot each other already

wife.and.mommy
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 7:26 AM

When you see them take them away. i have taken many toys away from my older nephews if i see they arent playing appropriately around my 3 & 1 year old.

MNLETLE
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 7:29 AM
Yeah, I was gonna say take the guns. Too davgerous since they obviously can't handle them properly.

Quoting wife.and.mommy:

When you see them take them away. i have taken many toys away from my older nephews if i see they arent playing appropriately around my 3 & 1 year old.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melisawoosley
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 7:33 AM

Clearly the boys arent mature enough to handle bb guns in the 1st place

Jenn8604
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 7:36 AM
Maybe u should shoot ur husband a few dozen times than ask him how he thinks HIS kids feel beeing shot. Cuz I bet he wont like it any more than ur kids do. Im sorry but if he wont talk to the parents and u did than dont bother going to gmas. Both ur MIL and DH are part of the problem. Oh and teach ur kids how to shoot a bb gun and let them shoot their cousins and if the cousins try to run have one and u shoot them a few times. Maybe they will take a hint.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AES514
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 7:37 AM
I'd go shoot the sleeping parents
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)