Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need a link for access to information on exemptions for vaccinations.. can't find it!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:35 PM
  • 11 Replies

i wrote a post several months ago and can't remember what it was about or what it said but.. it had something about me not vaxing my kids in it and me being worried that they didn't allow kids to goto school without them, well someone gave me a link to a website where they tell which states allow personal exemption.. well i'm moving and i remember the state we're in now was on there, but i don't remember the other ones.

so if anyone could find that website for me i'd REALLY appreciate!

let's not turn this into a vaccine debate mmk? just need a link ladies.

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lundaylove
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:51 PM

what state will you be livin in?

Rhiannon1988
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:52 PM

south dakota

Quoting lundaylove:

what state will you be livin in?

dosthepost
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:57 PM

South Dakota doesn't allow philosophical exemptions, but you can sign a religious exemptions form and they aren't allowed to question it.

Rhiannon1988
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:02 PM

Quoting dosthepost:

South Dakota doesn't allow philosophical exemptions, but you can sign a religious exemptions form and they aren't allowed to question it.

and i suppose there's no way they would know i was lying... they don't need like someone from the churches signature or something... cause we don't goto church and are not religious lol..

dosthepost
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:05 PM

Quoting Rhiannon1988:

Quoting dosthepost:

and i suppose there's no way they would know i was lying... they don't need like someone from the churches signature or something... cause we don't goto church and are not religious lol..

I have never seen the form, myself, but I've been told that you could tell them you worship the purple people eater and they can't question it. This is the form I found online.

http://www.sde.ct.gov/sde/lib/sde/PDF/deps/student/health/Religious_Exemption.pdf

dosthepost
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:07 PM

Might not hurt to look up some religious reasoning for opting out of vaccinations, just in case you need to defend your stance. You won't need a religious leader's sig, but you may need your own reasons.

Rhiannon1988
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:35 PM

can i just print that and use it? or do i have to get it from somewhere special? >_>

Quoting dosthepost:

Quoting Rhiannon1988:

Quoting dosthepost:

I have never seen the form, myself, but I've been told that you could tell them you worship the purple people eater and they can't question it. This is the form I found online.

http://www.sde.ct.gov/sde/lib/sde/PDF/deps/student/health/Religious_Exemption.pdf

dosthepost
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:38 PM

You might have to get it from your doc. I think they're supposed to be different from every state, and that one doesn't list a particular state. 

Quoting Rhiannon1988:

can i just print that and use it? or do i have to get it from somewhere special? >_>

Quoting dosthepost:

Quoting Rhiannon1988:

Quoting dosthepost:

Rhiannon1988
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:41 PM

alrighty

ThinkTwice08
by on Jul. 31, 2010 at 1:28 AM

here is a Religious Exemption example that is in 'constitutional' format so you don't have to worry about being questioned on the 'religious' issue.

Religious Exemption Form: 

Under the ____ state code_________________ We exercise our right as parents to claim Religious Exemption from any Vaccination for our  child ______________. I hereby certify that the administration of any vaccine or other immunizing agents to my child, is contrary to our personal Religious beliefs. 

The U.S. Supreme Court held in  Frazee V. Illinois Dept. of Security, 489 U.S. 829,   that a religious belief is subject to protection even though no religious group espouses such beliefs or the fact that the religious group to which the individual professes to belong may not advocate or require such belief.  This ruling is also reflected in Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 as amended Nov. 1, 1980; Part 1605.1-Guidelines on Discrimination Because of Religion.

Sincerely,

Your signature:______________________________________________
Date:____________________

Notary:____________________________________________________

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)