Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

does any of your kids drink alot

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:44 PM
  • 16 Replies
Mine son drinks and drinks and drinks. I fill up those 16oz bottles with water, apple juice, orange juice, sometimes chocolate milk(can't have much milk esp regular milk), green tea and he will drink anywhere between 6-12+ bottles a day of it. It seems like I can't keep anything in the house to drink. He's the same way with fruit and veggies if they are in the house I constantly have to tell him no you can't have anymore right now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AudrasMommy
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:04 PM

My daughter drinks a ton right now...But it's also really hot (heat index in the 100s) so she's constantly thirsty and I'm always pushing fluids on her.  How old is your son?

lwoolsey
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:05 PM

both-of-my-kids-drink-alot-alot-alot

kngarber
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:07 PM

My DD doesn't drink anything like that. 

No bashing or judging...just some advice...you might really want to push him to drink water.  That much juice isn't healthy at all...the calories and sugar are way too much for a daily basis if he is drinking that much.

ETA = My DD does drink those things...I meant nowhere near those amounts.

kremmels
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:09 PM
He's 8

Quoting AudrasMommy:

My daughter drinks a ton right now...But it's also really hot (heat index in the 100s) so she's constantly thirsty and I'm always pushing fluids on her.  How old is your son?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kremmels
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:11 PM
He usually doesn't have the juice he usually has the tea with meals and water otherwise. The dr said she wants him to drink those two so juice he has maybe once every 2 days. Like right now he just chugged a thing of water in less than 5 mins and he just had one 20 mins ago.

Quoting kngarber:

No bashing or judging...just some advice...you might really want to push him to drink water.  That much juice isn't healthy at all...the calories and sugar are way too much for a daily basis if he is drinking that much.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mylilgooberpea
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:12 PM

yup he drinks apple juice or anything i give him in his sippy like it was his newborn formula! hes 11 months

kngarber
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:15 PM

Oh I see I see. Have they tested him for anything?  I know there is something that causes constant thirst.  I can't think of what it is though.

Quoting kremmels:

He usually doesn't have the juice he usually has the tea with meals and water otherwise. The dr said she wants him to drink those two so juice he has maybe once every 2 days. Like right now he just chugged a thing of water in less than 5 mins and he just had one 20 mins ago.

Quoting kngarber:

Perfect_Mommy13
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:20 PM
My son drinks a lot, but, I usually make him drink water cuz itz entirely too HOTT and I'm scared he'll dehydrate!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rhiannon1988
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:22 PM

my daughter drinks alot.. i refuse to fill up her drink as much as she wants it filled up... i'll fill it up and she'll be asking for more as soon as she empties it five minutes later... she probably drinks about six cups full anyway. some days more some days less.. depending on how distracted she is that day.

as far as the fruit and veggies.. i would make a basic "snack time" and always give him fruit and veggies if he loves them so much.. they're wonderful for him so.. yeah. my kids like fruit but not a whole lotta veggies.. i usually give them fruit as a snack.. but they also like other things like gold fishes and such so.. sometimes they ask for those after too much fruit

ELFs_Mommy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:23 PM
Have they tested him for diabetes? Constant thirst can be an indicator for it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)