Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

gay marriage

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:20 PM
  • 7 Replies
I need some help. My 40-something uncle married his partner in June. We have their reception in August. They are the type of couple who would give you anything you ask for in a heartbeat, but never ask for anything for themselves.
They didn't register anywhere and are providing pizza and drinks for everyone.
They live in a very nice apartment downtown Chicago (hence pizza for our meal :)) and don't need anything.
Any ideas?

AND IT DOESN'T MATTER TO ME THAT THEY ARE GAY I'm JUST HOPING FOR MORE HITS WITH THAT TITLE!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
beeber
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:34 PM

i owuld want to say anytihng helps when they get something new.  if you haveever been in their home, and mabe notice something that looks like it could be replaced go for it.  we are not registering for out wedding coming up becasue we have everytihng already.  but people say they are just oging to give us upgrades or newer things we already have.

if they have a plain coffee maker, get them one with a timer.  if they have a mixed up set of dishes, get them a full set that matches.  hhhmmmmmmm another thing that would be nice would maybe be a gift card.  tose can always be used.

3mommy3
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:44 PM

Gift cards to their favorite restaurants or stores!!!!!!

Tiger420
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:49 PM
You can never go wrong with a giftcard. When I don't know what to get I just get a giftcard and if someone doesn't know what to get me they get me diapers or a giftcard.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shoegirl01
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:54 PM

Here is what you should do...  Get them really nice champion ( I keep looking at the word, did I spell it incorrectly???)  glasses (macy's) and an expensive bottle of champion then can enjoy with their glasses.  Then they can use the glasses for each anniversary!

AES514
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:56 PM
Love it!!

Quoting shoegirl01:

Here is what you should do...  Get them really nice champion ( I keep looking at the word, did I spell it incorrectly???)  glasses (macy's) and an expensive bottle of champion then can enjoy with their glasses.  Then they can use the glasses for each anniversary!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AES514
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:57 PM
Champagne. Auto spell check on the ph! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shoegirl01
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 3:00 PM

Damn it, I knew it was spelled wrong!!!!  I got this gift for my wedding because I refused to register.  It was so nice, they got me these beautiful ones that are amazing (Macy's has great ones for under $75 and on sale you can find it a lot better).  We use them every year :)

Quoting AES514:

Champagne. Auto spell check on the ph! Lol

Having a bad day?  Come vent here WITHOUT the drama of the other groups!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/momsventing

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)