Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need a job...vent.

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:55 PM
  • 7 Replies
I stay home with my kids right now. I am looking for a job to help take some "weight" off my husband's shoulders. We live paycheck to paycheck and sometimes we have a hard time making it until he gets paid again. We are extremely tight with money and really strive not to spend money on a bunch of nonsense we don't need. I am hoping for a phone call this week to set up an interview with our county clerk for the available position in their office. If I don't hear from them this week then next week I will start keeping a couple kids at home and get listed with the state for daycare. At least I know there is a light at the end of the tunnel...we only owe $2,000 on my husbands truck! (And with outrageous payments we will have it paid off in no time.) I am just ready to have a little breathing room so to speak.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Tiger420
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:58 PM
I need a job too. Unfortunatly that just doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon. My 2 month old refuses bottles and pacifiers and there just aren't any places that I am qualified for that are open right now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tiger420
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:58 PM
I hope you get that interview though!!!

Quoting Tiger420:

I need a job too. Unfortunatly that just doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon. My 2 month old refuses bottles and pacifiers and there just aren't any places that I am qualified for that are open right now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shoegirl01
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 3:02 PM

This is gonna sound crazy but I saw something on the news today.. Did you know you can donate plasma (blood) and get paid for it??  I would look into that maybe...  That way you could still stay home.  I've never done it nor known anyone who has but maybe google it?

katecook
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 3:02 PM
Thanks, me too. I am so ready to pay off that truck so I can work towards paying off hospital bills. Those are piling up since we can't afford insurance.

Quoting Tiger420:

I hope you get that interview though!!!

Quoting Tiger420:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shoegirl01
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 3:05 PM

BTW what I do for extra money is concert promotions.  I hang flyers, and hand out flyers, drop them at shows etc.  I only spend about 4 hours per show on this and I get paid about $150 per show I take on (I only do about 4 a month or less). 

Its something to look into...  I live in a huge city so it wouldnt' work if you live in the country..  My husband owns a record label (indi) and we are out sourced by other promoters in the city to promote their shows.  Anyway, you could go to venues and see who handles their promotions and take it from there..

Bieg9093
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 3:15 PM

Look into nursery schools and daycares.   Some of the assistant teachers at our nursery school only work on days that their kids are in school, so no need for babysitting.  The paycheck isn't big...they probably make just a bit higher than minimum wage, but they also get free tuition for their kids.  And it's a fun working environment with all the cupcakes you want!

Good Luck!

katecook
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 3:15 PM
Yeah, I live in a small TX town of about 2,000 population. So this wouldn't work. Sounds interesting, though!

Quoting shoegirl01:

BTW what I do for extra money is concert promotions.  I hang flyers, and hand out flyers, drop them at shows etc.  I only spend about 4 hours per show on this and I get paid about $150 per show I take on (I only do about 4 a month or less). 

Its something to look into...  I live in a huge city so it wouldnt' work if you live in the country..  My husband owns a record label (indi) and we are out sourced by other promoters in the city to promote their shows.  Anyway, you could go to venues and see who handles their promotions and take it from there..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)