Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am hot!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 3:58 PM
  • 7 Replies

has anyones air conditioner blown out room temp air?  What was the problem with it?

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 3:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
AProsser
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 4:02 PM

The outside AC unit could need to be washed off with the water hoes, it could need to be charged with freon, or could just be over heated. I would first start with the water hoes and clean the outside of the unit and cool it down. Leave your AC thermostat at 72 and nothing less. Typically people set there thermo below 70 and the unit is being over worked and will over heat and then its just a big mess from there. Hope this helps.

Apr1l
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 4:03 PM

BUMP!

HappyOLucky
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 4:05 PM

we've had it set at 78-80 since summer started pretty much.  thanks for your advice!

Quoting AProsser:

The outside AC unit could need to be washed off with the water hoes, it could need to be charged with freon, or could just be over heated. I would first start with the water hoes and clean the outside of the unit and cool it down. Leave your AC thermostat at 72 and nothing less. Typically people set there thermo below 70 and the unit is being over worked and will over heat and then its just a big mess from there. Hope this helps.

bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 4:34 PM

When ours did it, it needed to be recharged.

tinasfriend
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 4:38 PM

depending how hot it is, and what kind of unit you have, your ac unit can only keep it like 20 cooler than it is outside. also like pp said, it may need to be charged. how old is your unit?

LokisMama
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 4:54 PM

I don't know if this would be an issue for your unit, but ours has what looks like a car radiator (i can't remember the proper name for it) in the attic upstairs.  It got clogged with fiberglass insulation, and wasn't cooling properly, so it was just blowing hot air.

HappyOLucky
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 5:42 PM

how much did that cost you, if you don't mind me asking?

Quoting bamababe1975:

When ours did it, it needed to be recharged.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)