Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I go to the hospital?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 4:21 PM
  • 8 Replies

I don't know if this a Anxiety attack but I feel like I can't be a good mom to my DD anymore. My life was bad before marriage problems,really bad financial situation and now my dd get sick. I know kids get sick I just don't want her to get fevers, She gets convulsions and I freak out. I do pray but my faith is not strong as others is, I call my family and all they tell me is to relax. easier said than done, right now I have this fear/chest tigh(sp) I can't explain is like I can't be here I need to leave and never look back. Im not meant to be a mother. Everyone I call is just telling me to relax but I can't do it.crying

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 4:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
shoegirl01
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 4:25 PM

Don't go to the hospital because you'll just get a great big bill that won't help the financial situation.  Make an appointment on Monday with your doc who can discuss drugs with you.

gulfcoastmom4
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 4:28 PM

Yeah run straight for drugs. That is whats wrong with our country.

OP, you sound very overwhelmed. I would contact a psychologist or psychiatrist.

vwd_johnson
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 4:30 PM
Do you have a family member or a close friend who could watch your kids for a day or two ? So you can just have some time to yourself.. relax. Go for a walk .. Lay around & listen to music.. Anything relaxing but not expensive .. I really think if you just had a break it could do you some good !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pherlyce
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 4:32 PM

Right now do you have anyone to talk too, it seems like your overwhelmed ? being a Mom is never easy, we always have challenges to face, and when will be over ? that is a big question too, but always look at the positive part of being a Mom, and that will help you over come what ever your feeling right now........ don't give up.

NicMomof1boy
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 4:35 PM

Sounds like anxiety to me. A mental health counselor would be able to talk you through your problems. I wouldnt get  medicine right away. You need to get your life balanced: body, mind, and spirit. Its overwhelming ooking at the big picture but if you just focus on one thing at a time you will be able to get through. When you get anxiety attacks try to breath through them. Slow deep breath in and hold for 4 seconds then slow deep breath out. Go and do something, like take a walk or jog, start a hobby (a healthy one). And remember this too shall pass.

PeaceMuch
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 4:36 PM

Quoting vwd_johnson:

Do you have a family member or a close friend who could watch your kids for a day or two ? So you can just have some time to yourself.. relax. Go for a walk .. Lay around & listen to music.. Anything relaxing but not expensive .. I really think if you just had a break it could do you some good !

Ashlynnsmom0910
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 4:49 PM

Yes I agree don't go to the hospital. They won't do anything for you... just call your doc on mon. and make an appt. It sounds like you are having an anxiety attack. The only advice I can give you is to take deep breaths and try to make it through the day. But, please call your doctor. You may be having some post-partum or just depression in general which can cause anxiety attacks. Feel free to message me if you need to talk. I have been where you are. ♥

celinams
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 4:53 PM

I have attacks like that too and im on meds if you were not meant to be a mom god would not have let it happen keep your faith as much as possible read the bible listen to christian music I would see a doctor and get closer to god

sorry for your pain and troubles God Bless

good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)