Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

this needs to stop

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:29 PM
  • 37 Replies

hello, lately my 12 month old has started to cry when i put her to bed in her crib! she might fall asleep but a few hours later she will wake up screaming! and she wont stop!! i would offer a bottle, but she only wants held. so as soon as i pick her up she stops, snuggles and falls back asleep. but as soon as i put her down she cries again! idk what to do anymore, i need this night to myself. she never lets me leave the room with her unless i take her and stuff needs to be done. at first i thought she was ill or something so she slept with me in bed, but she always had to be right on top of me and would cry if i wasnt there but a month has gone by and no luck!  please ladies! i cant keep doing this. right now she screamed for ever so i gave in and picked her up so now she is in my lap, sniffling as i type. D= i cant let her scream or she will get sick and she hyperventalates and stuff. idk what to do. i think i lost a battle.

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HollyAK
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:32 PM

the first thing I think of is teething??

marissaj125
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:34 PM

teething does that? she is teething and just got 3 new teeth. but she seems very needy lately and wants to be with me all the time. but anything i can do for the teething?

Quoting HollyAK:

the first thing I think of is teething??

qustnmrk28
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:39 PM

Yes teething, but also night terrors.  Our son started having them when he was 15 mos and it hasnt stopped.  He exhibits the same behaviors like you were describing. 

Good Luck

Brittsea

my son did that for about a week until my fiance put a couple of really soft blankets in his crib for him to lay on and gave him a teddy to cuddle..now my son sleeps through the night

HollyAK

the thing that made me think it was waking up suddenly screaming after a couple hours of sleep. around 12 months is when babies will get their 1st set of molars.... and molars are pretty painful in most kids to cut. And they can take some time to get thru!! I would try giving some motrin to see if helps.

HollyAK
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:41 PM

Quoting qustnmrk28:

Yes teething, but also night terrors.  Our son started having them when he was 15 mos and it hasnt stopped.  He exhibits the same behaviors like you were describing. 

Good Luck

I have luckily not had to deal with those yet. But now that you mention them, it is another possibility!!

marissaj125
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:45 PM

oh wow. that seems like that might be it. i just layed her back down on my bed while i lay on the floor. she seems peacefull now. what in the world does a baby dream of to have a nightmare?

Quoting qustnmrk28:

Good Luck

Kleotide
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:45 PM

It sounds like it is baby orijel time!  Good luck Mama, baby sleep troubles are hard.

carinyosa99
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:45 PM

It's very likely teething.  That or she has a gas bubble because often when my son wakes up and I pick him up, I pat him on the back and a burp comes out. 

Either put some Orajel on her gums or give her some Tylenol/Motrin.  I've found the Orajel hasn't helped all that much though because it doesn't last long. 

shawnaquijada
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:47 PM
It's natural and instinctual for babies to want the comfort that comes with being close to mom. Both of my kids did this and that's how I began co-sleeping. Are you opposed to co-sleeping until she's a little older? Obviously she just wants the closeness and that's normal. If you are going to be awake during the time that you want her to sleep, you could use a sling or a wrap.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)