Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

you never realize how much crap you have.....

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:20 AM
  • 7 Replies

until you try and put it into boxes!!! LOL im moving to a new house away from an 8 lane freeway (thanks Navy). they moved the moving dates up so i dont have much time to pack. yes we are packing ourselves, but movers are helping with the big stuff. DH cant help so im the only one who is getting everything together. ugh i kept telling myself it wont take long.... HA! it took 7 boxes just for our games and videos. i have a lot of older disney and other VHS. if it were DVDs it would have only taken 3! LOL. oh well i do have a friend coming over tomorrow and sunday (my birthday) to get everything packed and taken apart. im so excited for the first time in 2 months ill be able to sleep with out NOS fueled cars, motorcycles, and 18 wheelers racing by my window!!! happy birthday to me! soooo the best bday present ever!!

navyamerican flag ribbon  toddler boy

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
bright3y3s
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:25 AM

Lol! I know what you mean. Packing just is not fun! We are moving next week too (Thurs), but I will be having a baby at the lastest by Mon. So DH gets to do all the work! Yipee, but I am ok with that, because we have moved 3 times since being together and I did all the packing for those moves :)

MumsTheWord571
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:26 AM

Well, my DH never helped me to pack. He is awful with that stuff and will seriously throw anything in the box, not label it and expect me to put things away in a matter of days. When I saw how he was packing the first time. I told him nevermind. You just cook and I'll do this!

happy birthday! I'm a Leo too! My birthday is on the 16th!

lundaylove
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:51 AM

ugh i hate packing. right now im in the middle of a move while my hubby is on the other side of the country for training, while i take care of my 3 kiddos. its not been easy. i had my parents here for the week and it was almost more work than help =/

Bmat
by Barb on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:03 AM

Best of luck on your move and many blessings in your new place. I'd recommend tossing as much as you can rather than moving things you won't ever use. 

TjsbabiegirljT
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:11 AM

I feel your pain we're buying our own house and moving out of base housing and I keep looking at all this stuff I have to pack and I'm dreading it.... we have soo much stuff

mommawombat
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:31 AM

I'm in the same boat. 3 kids and a house to pack to move 1400 miles. We have to do it in one Uhaul and can't leave anything behind to come back for it like our last move. ( my parents stored it for us). My husband is already gone. When he comes home, its get the Uhaul, pack it and leave this hellhole.

heatherann0221
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:14 PM

I was just gonna say this! I'm moving right now, only it's cross country and gonna take some time to sort through everything. I'm actually supposed to be working on packing right now and yet...here I sit on Cafemom LOL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)