• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am so close to losing it!!

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:35 AM
  • 11 Replies

My husband and I decided to move our family out of the city and to the country a year ago.  He lost his job and although I was making great money, I just couldnt support our family any longer and it was causing another stress in our lives.  So we moved north.  6 hrs from where we were, which was where I grew up and had lived all my life. 

I love living in the country and the kids absolutly adore it as they pretty much get to run free. But  now Im starting to lose it.  I used to work 7 days every 2 wks. Now Im working 5-6 days a week and the Hubby and I never have any time off together and whats even worse is because he works opposite of me, I can never have anytime for myself.

Oh and If it can get any worse I have basically lost all of my friends.  when I go home its like they are all mad at me and dont want to hang out, they barely call anymore, I cant even get a comment back on facebook.  Im stressed and just need some friends here but other than coworkers have none, because I have no time to go out and meet them.  I just want to cry,and of course being a man my hubby doesnt understand. I need some girl time

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamakenzi
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:37 AM
I'm sorry that sucks and I understand. I have 1 friend left and it's lonely. I have started going to a church that is really active so hopefully I make some friends there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chris-t-lynn
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:07 AM
Im sorry I hear ya tho! I'm in need of some girl/get outa the house time or I'm gona blow!! I don't have friends where I live either n it suxs!! Also I'm almost 36 weeks pregnant n a sahm of 6 boys..if I don't get a break soon I'm gona be more than momzilla!!! Your not alone!
ymadaris2
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:14 AM

I know it sucks, if you just want to talk, chat back me.  every woman/mother need some girl time-out for themselves.

lovemybaby283
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:53 AM

do you get time off? maybe you could work out a date night far enough in advance you and dh could get together. That is what dh and I had to do when I worked full time. We would have to plan date night two weeks in advace so we both had time to ask off. (date night or just girl night) This way it is far enough ahead you have time to find a sitter, unless your kids are old enough to stay home alone. GL

bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:32 PM

Oh, I feel your pain. I haven't had girl time since, um, 1998? hugs

jakeandkatesmom
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:27 PM

me time............................................i wish=(

mnmomaof4
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 4:02 AM

Sounds great, but we work at the same place.  So pretty much if im not working he is.  We do have like 2 days off a month together fully, but then we are so busy catching up on all the things that need to get done and take 2 of us.   Planning a date night would take over a month in advance (our schedules are done for a month at a time) and with extreme hopes and prayers that our babysitter wont cancel (happens more often than not, why i dont understand, we overpay for our area) Im looking forward to November thats our downtime at work.

Quoting lovemybaby283:

do you get time off? maybe you could work out a date night far enough in advance you and dh could get together. That is what dh and I had to do when I worked full time. We would have to plan date night two weeks in advace so we both had time to ask off. (date night or just girl night) This way it is far enough ahead you have time to find a sitter, unless your kids are old enough to stay home alone. GL

Morita-Michelle
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 4:07 AM

hugstravelYou both need a vacation.   Hope you get some me time and some girl time soon. Also hope you and DH will have a date night soon. It is important and you should try to find the time some how.

mnmomaof4
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 4:12 AM

I hope so too!  We do take advantage of that time we have after the kids are in bed and just hang out, sometimes have a bon fire.  We make use of our time, however, limited it may be.  Im just at that point.  where I need something different.  although everytime we plan something either the babysitter cancels or something breaks and then we have to use our savings to fix or get a new item (with our luck its almost always something big)  Like recently both the washer and dryer quit in the same day...ugh.  thanks for listening everyone. I guess I just needed to get it out and to someone who actually understood!

Love2Bugs
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 4:23 AM

Im sorry your having such a hard time. I sorda know how you feel. When i was married and we lived in VA (hes military) i didnt have a job but he was never home and i didnt know anyone so i never went anywere. It was really hard for me especialy since he is a heartless person and never cared to stay home not even most nights. Now that were divorcing and i have our 2 girls. Being a single mommie and going back to work is going to be super hard. I do still have my old friends but its hard to go out with them and just hang out being that they dont have kids like me. Kinda why i get on here a lot. I hope you get this solved fast ! i know its not easy being lonely.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)