Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

People Annoy the _______ outta me

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:54 AM
  • 11 Replies

First off lemme just say I am in the hospital for a kidney infection (gross) and I will be here a few days. So I am bored and naturally I need to vent. I had a nurse come in this morning to do vitals and listen to my peanuts heartbeat. She was asking me questions and asked how I enjoyed pregnancy. I told her it sucked (it was a joke since afterall im in the hospital not fun) and that I was looking forward to February so I could have this kid and get it over with. She laughed and said that she hated pregnancy but loved having kids (delivery). I told her I loved my delivery experience with Ellie and she asked about it. I told her "nah i had a c-section" and THAT was when i got shit. She told me that I was "going aginst nature" and that deliverys were only meant to be vaginal. Then she gave me a freaking 10 min lecture on how I should have a VBAC cause thats "whats right". Im pretty sure something along the lines of "i'll do whatever the hell i want" came out of my mouth.

Im sorry but that annoys me to DEATH! Yes I know vaginal deliveries are GREAT and I am excited for everyone who has one but they are NOT for me. So please just stfu and smile and nod when I explain I'll be having my 2nd c-section and I am damn happy about it

I know im being bitchy but it truely bothers me.

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
twistedmommy
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:58 AM

I had three c-sections and preferred it that way...good luck to you!!

cara124
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:00 PM

wow as a nurse i dont think she is suppose to be voicing her personal beliefs on people.....if it was me i would talk to her supervisor and ask for new nurse for the rest of my stay....but thats just me i dont feel i have to put up with people judging me and i will remove them from my life...good luck kidney stones suck...

kaygarcia97
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:02 PM

Quoting cara124:

wow as a nurse i dont think she is suppose to be voicing her personal beliefs on people.....if it was me i would talk to her supervisor and ask for new nurse for the rest of my stay....but thats just me i dont feel i have to put up with people judging me and i will remove them from my life...good luck kidney stones suck...

Thankfully her shift ended. I hope to god I dont see her again because my mouth gets me into TROUBLE! I hate when people try to force their beliefs on you when you have made it perfectly clear that you dont want to hear it! I would rather be alive and see my children than be dead thank you so I chose to have a c-section.

mommawombat
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:07 PM

She is allowed to give medical advice. She is to follow the doctor's orders not make her own. I report her to your doctor or the head nurse

gnr
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:08 PM

I think it was completely unprofessional of her to talk to you that way. Good luck with your kidney infection and your delivery!

offrdngal
by Terri on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:22 PM

I would definitely file a complaint with the doctor/hospital.  She was very unprofessional by saying this to you. She needs to keep her opinions to herself.  Had the doctor put this in a report for her to tell you, that would be one thing.  I am so sick of women bashing other women who have had c-sections instead of VBAC.  Either way, a child is born...am I wrong!!

Celtic_Dragon
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:29 PM

You can request not to see her or have her doing you vitals or anything ever again. When I had my car accident I was on like a hundred types of meds. One of which was through the IV. Well, my lunch time started getting closer and closer to when I was getting my IV treatments until it was at the point I was eating my lunch and getting pumped full of drugs at the same time. I hurt everywhere so a stomach ache didn't seem like anything to me. My whole body was in pain so I ignored it as just another pain to add to the list. Well, I got really sick and just threw cookies like five minutes after I ate. The nurse who came in to help me set me up (I had a broken pelvis and three fractured ribs so I couldn't move very well and couldn't walk). The nurse gave me something to puke in and then left me there. The meds and the effort of tossing cookies caused me to pass out almost immediately after I threw up. I woke up 3 hours later covered in vomit, holding a bucket full of it, still sitting up in a chair when I should have been lying down, and needing to pee like you can't believe. I had to call the nurse because I couldn't walk and I waited for like 15 minutes before someone could come over to me and help me get cleaned up and go to the bathroom. I was so pissed at the nurse that she left me there my parents complained and I never had to see her again.

People are incredibly ignorant, especially when it comes to heated debate topics like natural birth vs. c-sections. My belief is that both forms hold their risks and sometimes the risks of natural outweigh the risks of a c-section. That was my case, my heart could literally explode from the tension labor puts onto my heart. So yeah, I don't want to die from massive blood loss while trying to give birth. Not worth the risk. I HATE c-sections because I hate feeling like just a head and no body and the nausea. But, I heal very quickly and the nurses area always impressed that I start walking around right away. You have to figure my body has been tore up waaaay worse than from a c-section. That isn't pain in my book.

Anyway, I've never had natural birth and I never will due to safety concerns. I would have loved to but it's just too risky. People don't know your situation or your beliefs. In this situation you are still bringing a baby into the world. It should not matter how the delivery happens because they simply DON'T know your risks or fear of those risks.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss

kngarber
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:33 PM

Though I don't think women should choose to have a csection....she stepped way over the line. 

ETA - I mean in the case of choosing one for their convenience.  I had to have two so I get that it HAS to be done sometimes.  I didn't want you to misunderstand.  LOL!

kaygarcia97
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:37 PM

Quoting kngarber:

Though I don't think women should choose to have a csection....she stepped way over the line. 

It wasnt a choice I made lightly. I have a quarter sized hole in my heart its medical term is VSD. I had it repaired in 87 and patched in 99. The stress of contractions and labor would possibly kill me. The effort alone would cause me to pass out. I have to watch how much I do when Im pregnant. In fact this will be my last child because of it. Natural birth isnt in my cards even if I didnt have a heart problem. I have a narrow birth canal my mom had the same problem and my brother got stuck and died because nobody would listen when she said she needed a c-section.

Its not like I ran to my OB and said 'save my vagina please cut me open'

LadyByrdNest
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:45 PM

Everyone experiences the pain of childbirth differently. For some, they are just  physically built to have babies! Wide pelvic area, high pain tolerance etc...for those who must or just choose to go the C-Section route, well they know their body better than anyone else! I also hear is so less traumatic for the baby as well. 

After thought....

I was in labor 17 hours, they offered me Demerol and an epidural, I said "no" and the reason I said no was because truthfully, I was not hurting all that bad. I am built to have kids, my doctor even told me so. When my son was born he was 6 lbs. 6 oz. Maybe that's why it didn't hurt so badly lol!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)