Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When to set up baby bedding etc,

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:51 PM
  • 8 Replies

This is my first baby, am stepmom to 2 girls ages 12 and 13. The girls were 5 and 6 when I entered the scene. My question is... when do I put out the sheets and bedding for the nursery? My family baby shower is this weekend and I know some people will want to come by the house to see our baby girl's room. My concern is that if I put all her bedding in the crib now... by the time she uses it, it will be all dusty and yucky and I'll have to wash again?? We have a bassinet that we are planning to use in our room for the first 4-6 months? But also want to have that feeling that her room is "done"... ADVICE PLEASE =)

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
madcrazymom
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:52 PM
When are u due?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
allyk922
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:54 PM

sorry forgot to add that =) Oct 1st!

cnetlady
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:55 PM

I say work on it little by little until its complete but dont over work yourself. i was 8 months when i put the bed together

allyk922
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:57 PM

All the furniture is set up and baby clothes put away... bedding has been purchased but I'm just so hesitant to put it out... honestly I think part of me feels like it's a jinx to be completely finished.

cowbyplzr
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:59 PM

Something I did with my first baby. I left her room completely empty. On the day of my shower, I asked everyone who attended to put one piece in the room. It was a goo bonding moment for everyone. Served as a nice "ice breaker" too. Plus I got the room all decorated and didn't have to do any of it!. They did ask me where I woud like the crib and everything else. But they put it all together. It was a room put together by the love of all of my friends.

navywifey2006
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:17 PM

with my oldest i put his stuff in his crib when i was roughly 8 months i believe. with #2 he didnt go into his crib until he was 6months (moved) with number 3 i put his in his bed like the day i was due. if your concerned with it getting dusty you could always lay a blanket over it or something until you use the crib...as for the basssinett thing...a pack n play with one is much better, bigger and lasts longer.

allyk922
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:22 PM

Thanks for the advice =) We did actually buy the pack and play with the close and cozy bassinet for multiple usage. That's a great idea!

Bmat
by Barb on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:27 PM

I agree that the bedding would need to be washed again. I'd say since you will have people interested in viewing the setup, that you go ahead and make the bed and plan on about a week before the baby is due to wash it again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)