Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have a serious question.

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:27 PM
  • 80 Replies

Ok well let me start off by saying that I am a christian and I have went to the same church since I was an infant. I am not a "bible thumper" as they are called down here by no means but I do believe in the Lord. So everyone knows the Lord created us, the heavens and the earth and so on.

My question is, if God created all of us, who created God? I have always wondered this since I was little. I asked a lot when I was little only to be told, do not question our Lord. I do believe in the Lord so I do not question his existence but I just wonder who created him! KWIM?

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
poshkat
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:29 PM

that is a good question. i am not religious by any means but i would also like to know! hope this post doesnt turn into drama!!

ymadaris2
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:29 PM

read the first book of the bible and you find your answer.

jillbailey26
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:30 PM

God is infinite, so he is the beginning. 

To question who made God, you'd have to wonder who created that, and then who created that and so on.  There would have to be a beginning point.  That is God.  :)

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

SullivanMommy
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:32 PM

If you try and mix science and logic with "Faith" youll never get an answer....

Double.L
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:34 PM

He is the beginning, no one created him.

ashnekol86
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:36 PM

I understand that God is the beginning but the beginning has to start from somewhere. It cannot just appear out of thin air without an logical explanation. I guess I am kind of mixing science and faith. And I hope this does not turn into drama, I did not have those intentions when I started this. Just a question that I was curious about.

Princess7777
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:38 PM

God is the begining.  It is a circle of life neverending.

jillbailey26
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:39 PM

God is a being, so it's not like He's some guy sitting in a chair or anything like that, lol.  I think that's where some may get mixed up.  It's hard for us to understand because we have finite minds and God is infinite.

Quoting ashnekol86:

I understand that God is the beginning but the beginning has to start from somewhere. It cannot just appear out of thin air without an logical explanation. I guess I am kind of mixing science and faith. And I hope this does not turn into drama, I did not have those intentions when I started this. Just a question that I was curious about.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

ashnekol86
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:43 PM

Good point and well said. I need to read the bible more but some of it is very confusing to me so I get frustrated and give up! I need a bible for idiots lol.

Quoting jillbailey26:

God is a being, so it's not like He's some guy sitting in a chair or anything like that, lol.  I think that's where some may get mixed up.  It's hard for us to understand because we have finite minds and God is infinite.

Quoting ashnekol86:

PrissyKrissy05
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:46 PM

I have wondered that myself. BTW, maybe you would have an answer to my question. God created Adam and Eve, who then had 3 sons.. Where did the wives come from?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)