• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I must smell or something.

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:16 PM
  • 11 Replies

My parents, brothers, sisters all moved out of state.  I tried to keep in contact.  I call, text, email, facebook with no reply.  My parents are pretty shitty so I expect no better from them but I thought now we had a child they'd make some sort of effort.  That hurts me only because it hurts my son.  But, what ever.  Its one of those situations where I don't care if they are in my life or not, I only wish I didn't introduce them to my son.  ((And I really miss my sibblings))

Then, a good friend is having her birthday in our city this weekend.  They had to drive two hours to get here.  They are hanging out with our mutual friends, I've tried to call, text, facebook to arrange us to come out and celebrate but they are really vague on their plans like they don't want us around.  It hurts my feelings, we've known them for years, my husband has known the hubby since grade school.

Makes me feel like I smell and thats why everyone is acting so shitty.  All of the above hurts my feelings a little.  I just have to keep in mind that I only want people that want me!!!!  <3

Having a bad day?  Come vent here WITHOUT the drama of the other groups!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/momsventing

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momof5Teens67
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:22 PM

hugs awwww I would be hurt too, I dont blame you for feeling that way. I am sorry you are going through this, usually in cases like these its not the left out persons fault or issue its the issues of the people doing the leaving out.  Its probably THEIR LOSS too !!!!  HUGS

Yvonne

itsallabtthem84
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:22 PM

That sucks. If it was me I would cut all ties with them, even if it was family.

shoegirl01
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:24 PM

I agree.  Its been a few months and that is too long.  I sent a final email and if nothing then I'm done and cutting all ties.  The sibblings can contact when older .

Quoting itsallabtthem84:

That sucks. If it was me I would cut all ties with them, even if it was family.

comptonkids
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:25 PM

aww, you dont smell!  i understand, i feel the same way sometimes...like, 'what the H did i do?'

i know my parenting style is a little different than most people, and as much as i try not to, i think maybe i offend some people...

could it be something similar? maybe a view you hold about something that tends to be brought up? i dont know, and i know it sucks! try not to think about it, and try to make some new friends(sometimes, friends can become family!)

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:26 PM

Hugs to you.  Those kind of things always hurts.

lovelyy504
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:27 PM
do you ever try and ask why? I mean, I would probably cut all ties as well, but im very blunt and just put it out there and want answers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shoegirl01
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:07 PM

Well, my parents are idiots.  So, I don't ask, I know.  I sent one last email basically saying I'm tired of reaching out with no reply.  My son asks about them and it isn't fair to do this to him.  They didn't know my son until he was about 1.5 years old because I don't allow toxic people in my life.  If I don't hear back then I am done forever.  I just can't have it in my life.  Its just disapointing becuase you always think the parents are the last to do shit like this to you.

With the friend who isn't reaching out, its her birthday so I don't want to upset her or cause any drama incase there is an issue.  Which I deffently think there is.  Her husband was going to work for my husband's company.  Due to changes in immigrations (its an international staffing agency) the company is going to close so it never worked out.  Her husband is totally fine with it, but I think thats why she is being mean to me. 

Quoting lovelyy504:

do you ever try and ask why? I mean, I would probably cut all ties as well, but im very blunt and just put it out there and want answers.

mommy31007
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:14 PM

i know how you feel at times my whole family wants nothing to do with me, thats just how they are theres not enough drama in my life to excite them or something but its just like you said, the only people you need in your life are the people who need you in theirs, I had to figure that one out the hard way too.  Ive also learned that family will stab you in the back faster and alot harder than most of your friends will.  Maybe not every family but its becomming more and more that way now days.  Families just arent what they use to be.

comptonkids
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:40 PM

i know what you mean...MY parents are pretty wonderful, but my DHs parents suck big time!

we have basically cut them out of our lives...POISEN! i thnk his mom is TRYING to force herself back in...but DH wants nothing to do with her...

i dont understand it...i see my parents, and how involved they are and how much they love my kids and would do just about anything for them...and dont put a drain on us, physically, emotionally or financially...and then BAM! there are his parents..and its like ..what the...?

its sad when parents dont have their kids best interest at heart and pull stupid shit....im sorry for your LO...my kids dont remember DH's parents, so they dont ask about them(they are 3 and 2, and the last time they even SAW his parents was jan 2009)

Quoting shoegirl01:

Well, my parents are idiots.  So, I don't ask, I know.  I sent one last email basically saying I'm tired of reaching out with no reply.  My son asks about them and it isn't fair to do this to him.  They didn't know my son until he was about 1.5 years old because I don't allow toxic people in my life.  If I don't hear back then I am done forever.  I just can't have it in my life.  Its just disapointing becuase you always think the parents are the last to do shit like this to you.

With the friend who isn't reaching out, its her birthday so I don't want to upset her or cause any drama incase there is an issue.  Which I deffently think there is.  Her husband was going to work for my husband's company.  Due to changes in immigrations (its an international staffing agency) the company is going to close so it never worked out.  Her husband is totally fine with it, but I think thats why she is being mean to me. 

Quoting lovelyy504:

mamakenzi
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:42 PM

I'm really sorry, just remember God takes people out of our lives for reasons that we don't understand until later on.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)