Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

NEED ADVICE NOW

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:56 PM
  • 7 Replies

I need advice on what to do, my 4yr old is here for her first night in our new home. She is excited about the place and everything but when it came to bed time she keeps crying in her sleep, and waking up. I have two night lights in her room and even left the door open which I never do. But she won't settle down.

I have thought about letting her sleep with me and DH sleeping on the couch or something but I don't want her to get into the routine of sleeping with me in my bed all the time. What should I do? Just let her cry it out? We stuck to her normal bedtime routine but it doesn't seem to be helping.

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Bmat
by Barb on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:01 PM

Hmm. Tough one. I'd just about be willing to let her sleep on some cushions or blankets on the floor in my room. Not in my bed, it is too easy for that to become an expectation. You could even wake her when she is crying in her sleep and ask her if she'd like to sleep tonight on the floor in your room. I think in a few days that she'd be more familiar with the place and more comfortable about sleeping in her own bed.

mommy31007
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:07 PM

when me and DH moved in our new house our boys didnt want to sleep in their rooms either.  we just let them know that we were right in the other room and if they needed us that we would be in there you might also want to maybe sit in there with her until she falls asleep or let her stay up late until she gets really sleepy

mommy31007
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:08 PM

let her know this is her new house now and this is her new room and she will have to sleep in it just like she slept in her room at the old house

shoegirl01
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:13 PM

I would allow it for the first few nights until she feels more comfortable like she is at home then she can sleep in her room. 

Jaxonsmommy2007
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:21 PM

I would rather lay with her in her bed until she is more comfortable.  I would leave before she falls asleep.  Maybe that would relax her?

angelsmom94
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 8:28 PM

I have an idea.  You can get a can of really wonderful smelling room spray that your daughter likes and make a label to go around the can and read her a really sweet book on angels and how they watch over you at night.  Then tell her that you have "ANGEL SPRAY" and that it will make the angels come and keep her safe through the night and then the two of you spray her room and the smell will make her feel more comfortable and her help her rest.  I know that is a little far fetched, but it really does work.  It also will work as "MONSTER SPRAY".  good luck.

Morita-Michelle
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 8:31 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)