Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sleep problems

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:20 PM
  • 6 Replies

I have an 18 month old daughter who for the past week has been having some sleep problems. We both just moved here to TX from CA a month ago so im sure that plays a part BUT she has spent a considerable amount of time in this house (from 6wks old to 7 months old) and then 6xs since then for weeks @ a time. Her usual bedtime in CA was 7pm which here its been closer to 8pm. She gets a bath, a snack then goes to bed. She goes to bed JUST fine but around 2-4am she wakes up and freaks out. She wont be calmed down by anything and the ONLY way to get her back to sleep is to put her in my bed. I have no problem with it really I co-slept with her from the day she was born until my husband came back from Iraq when she was 7 months old. However, I am 12 wks pregnant and eventually another baby will be sharing my bed! Idk what to do but I can not let her CIO. I dont believe in it plus my dad is sensitive to sounds. Her crying literally upsets him to the point he gets upset and has to do something about it so if i dont put her in MY bed she ends up with him and my mom. IDK what to do! help!

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
tanya_marieh
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:25 PM

My DD did this I think she ended up waking up for the next four months and sleeping with us and I was pregnant too.  She now is back to sleeping all night.  Just on her own.  But I did have to deal with both of them wanting to sleep with me and hubby for the first month or so.  It was really crowded. 

Jaxonsmommy2007
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:28 PM

Have you tried to cuddle and rock her back to sleep without putting her in your bed.  My DS did this when he was older and I would rock him for a while to calm him ad then put him back to bed.  I did not want to get in the habit of sleeping with me.  She might just need to know that you are there for her in this new strange place (she might not remember it). 

dustinsmommy74
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:32 PM

This

Quoting Jaxonsmommy2007:

Have you tried to cuddle and rock her back to sleep without putting her in your bed.  My DS did this when he was older and I would rock him for a while to calm him ad then put him back to bed.  I did not want to get in the habit of sleeping with me.  She might just need to know that you are there for her in this new strange place (she might not remember it). 

kaygarcia97
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:49 PM

I have a strange child! She hates to be rocked, cuddled or anything of the sort unless shes in bed with me then she snuggles. The thing is we have been here since July 8th. Every night up until last week she slept from 8pm-10am without fail. Then....BAM now she's awake again and idk why. We tried a nightlight we tried milk and soothing voices and singing but all that just made her more alert and then she wanted to play.

Jaxonsmommy2007
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:03 PM

Quoting kaygarcia97:

I have a strange child! She hates to be rocked, cuddled or anything of the sort unless shes in bed with me then she snuggles. The thing is we have been here since July 8th. Every night up until last week she slept from 8pm-10am without fail. Then....BAM now she's awake again and idk why. We tried a nightlight we tried milk and soothing voices and singing but all that just made her more alert and then she wanted to play.

Is she getting too much sleep or too many naps?  Is she teething?  Does she have a tooth ache or cavity (that has woken DS up)?

Maybe you can snuggle in her bed?

kaygarcia97
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 11:51 AM

Quoting Jaxonsmommy2007:

Quoting kaygarcia97:

Is she getting too much sleep or too many naps?  Is she teething?  Does she have a tooth ache or cavity (that has woken DS up)?

Maybe you can snuggle in her bed?

I dont think its to much sleep I mean I could very easily be wrong. She takes only one nap from 12-1 and thats it. She just seems to need the extra sleep for whatever reason. She isnt teething to my knowledge we've given her Hylands' Teething Tablets just to be sure but none of her usual signs of teething have appeared. She still sleeps in a crib. She isnt ready for a toddler bed yet.

Last night was HELL. i mean HELL. She went to bed at normal time woke up crying at 10:45 and laid awake in my bed until 3am. I tried putting her in her own bed nothing worked and since I dont let her CIO it was a long ass night. So I hope something changes soon. Being pregnant I value my sleep!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)