Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting a difficult child??

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:29 PM
  • 5 Replies
I have a dd who is 2 1/2. She is such a difficult child. I don't know what to do. Her older brother (4) is such an easy going child that all I have to do is scold him and he puts himself in time out. While we are in the car she screams at the top of her lungs (either screaching or crying screaming), she bites, she hits, at bedtime she screams for 2 hours before going to sleep, and she never listens to me. I'm at my wits end. By the time she is asleep I'm ready to scream. I'm pregnant and due a month after she turn 3 and if she acts like this now I can't imagine how she is gonna act then! I need help! Any parenting advice, books, websites would be appreciated bc what works with my son isn't working with her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mamakenzi
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:41 PM

I love the book 1-2-3 Magic and I am currently reading The New Strong Willed Child by Dr. James Dobson.  The latter has been highly recommended and is a Christian parenting book.  I started it this afternoon and I am already on chapter 3, so far it's a great book!

Jaxonsmommy2007
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:07 PM

Quoting mamakenzi:

I love the book 1-2-3 Magic and I am currently reading The New Strong Willed Child by Dr. James Dobson.  The latter has been highly recommended and is a Christian parenting book.  I started it this afternoon and I am already on chapter 3, so far it's a great book!

My mom read that book when my brother was little.  My DS is strongwilled too.  We have read Love and Logic and it is really helpful.  It gives the child lots of choices so they feel like they are in control.  You can google their website for more info.  I am a teacher and I use Love and Logic in my class all the time.

LancesMom
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:33 PM

BUMP!

jsi
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 12:05 AM

bump

mommawombat
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 12:34 AM

I meant the hug charm. My computer is being stupid.

I have a difficult child too. But mine has to do with her disabilities, God forgive me if I posted it. I  been labeled a horrible mom because I dont give the correst diagnosis but what everyone knows it by.

my advice is to document strange things that are you worry about or find not her age range. I video taped with my cellphone,one of my daughter's tantrums to show the doctor. He could not believe his eyes on what he saw. 

Hugs. Feel free to PM with vents. I know how you feel

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)