Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anger words are true words???

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 3:08 AM
  • 17 Replies

I say a lot of shit I don't mean when I'm really pissed off. That's why I try not to let my temper flare. I hate how evil and hurtful my tongue can become once I'm at my breaking point. I do not mean anything I say. Sometimes I am just so frustrated I will make up things. I'm very good at calling my husband "useless" when I'm really pissed off. He isn't useless. Not at all. But I felt that way when I was angry and I knew it would hurt him so I said it. It is a learned behavior. Got it from my alcoholic father who was a master of finding what hurt you the most and then stabbed you with it again and again. Someone said that the truth comes out when you are angry. I don't agree with that at all. The only thing that comes out when you are angry is hatred and hatred is evil and dark and there is nothing true about it. It is simply the darker side of you rearing up and showing itself to the people you love the most. It is far from the truth other than the true evil that lives in all of us. . .

by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 3:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SassyPainter
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 3:17 AM

I agree with you 100%!

SassyPainter
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 3:18 AM

Anger does not bring out any truth, other than anger itself. 

Young_vegan19
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 3:20 AM
It depends on the person, there are people that are "too nice" and they never give the honest truth of how they feel cuz they dont want to step on any toes or make anyone mad, but when they get to that boiling point where "mr.nice guy" is no longer there, then usually the truth comes out and everything that they kept inside (like if someone is always putting the person down when people/friends are around just to make them look better, or to show off) but it depends on the person. Trust me, i have a future FIL that nags, controls, bitches and says just plain ignorant shit EVERYTIME we see him, and i have sucha hard time bitting my tongue but the couple times he's crossed the line and i went adrenaline psycho screaming in his face, all the shit that pissed me off came out, i never said anything i regretted
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
samthecat001

i think what you say when youre pissed is the truth.  but i think instead of it being said in a constructive way its said in a hurtful way.  its the things we bite our tongues about that come flying out when we are angry.  i think when someone is super pissed.... the truth is there in large part.  at other times you think it but dont say it - otherwise the thoughts wouldnt be there to say in the first pace...then you get mad and instead of holding back you just let loose and lash out.

tyra618

It's said out of anger.  I used to do the same thing.  Because of an abusive ex.  My fiance and I hardly ever fight but damn once it just boiled over and all the little things I snapped one day and I looked him dead in the face and said I hate you and he was useless.  The look on his face broke my heart the minute I said those things.   I don't hate this man.  He's the best thing to ever happen to me.  Honestly I hit the man lotto.  The next day I went and enrolled myself into anger management classes.  Why because I didn't want to be that women.  That treats all men one way because of what one man did to me.  The truth I believe comes out when your drunk.  I don't know why but I've never met a drunk who lied while drunk.   With that said say your sorry and mean it.  Don't say sorry if your not.  Like I told my fiance.  Actions speak louder then words.   And if you need speak to someone.  It could help. It did me.  Good luck.

SAMNMAYASMOM
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 3:23 AM

Anger is words that you don't mean.

SassyPainter
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 3:24 AM

Quoting Young_vegan19:

It depends on the person, there are people that are "too nice" and they never give the honest truth of how they feel cuz they dont want to step on any toes or make anyone mad, but when they get to that boiling point where "mr.nice guy" is no longer there, then usually the truth comes out and everything that they kept inside (like if someone is always putting the person down when people/friends are around just to make them look better, or to show off) but it depends on the person. Trust me, i have a future FIL that nags, controls, bitches and says just plain ignorant shit EVERYTIME we see him, and i have sucha hard time bitting my tongue but the couple times he's crossed the line and i went adrenaline psycho screaming in his face, all the shit that pissed me off came out, i never said anything i regretted

Well, that's true. 

unperfectmama4
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 3:24 AM

I agree with you also. If it were true I would be in BIG trouble! I dont know why I do it but Im a cold B*@ch when Im angry. Nothing Im proud of but to show you that you  r not the only one who does this and believes theres is no truth to it. hope it helps.

samthecat001
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 3:27 AM

Quoting SAMNMAYASMOM:

Anger is words that you don't mean.

so then whats said when angry is just an outright LIE?
or is it the truth?

"See, you think I give a shit. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of shit? That's why I look interested."  Justins dad

MumsTheWord571
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 3:28 AM

I would have to agree with you 100%.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)