Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

good trade??

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 3:09 AM
  • 7 Replies

let me start off by saying that I HATE dishes. I LOATHE dishes, I will avoid them, procrastinate... do anything I can to put them off until the last minute, including staying up until 2 or 3 am to avoid dishes... though I always do them before bed anyway... so WTH am I doing?? but I hate them!! they screw with my nails (even wearing gloves they chip and flake when I do dishes).

Today my DH asked me, "what can I do to get me some of that?" (meaning sex)- not entirely kidding,  I said, "Dishes." he said done. He is, at this very moment, downstairs doing the dishes.

He came up to check for extra dishes in the bedrooms/office and said, "how about this. I will do the dishes EVERY NIGHT, if you will guarantee me some of that every night."

I'm not usually an every night kind of gal. and he starts acting like a douche when he has a big workload at work (which has been frequent lately) which totally turns me off.... but to never have to do dishes again??? do you think it's a good trade?? what would you do? (imagine he's offering to do the ONE chore you despise above all else).

by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 3:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Celtic_Dragon
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 3:14 AM

Haha. I wish my husband would do that for me. He would never keep his word, however. Are you sure yours will? Because if he has a big work load, he might just want to get his rox off and go to sleep that night without the extra work, ya know? Anyway, the worse you can do is give it a try. Sex every single night can wreck your body. I dunno if you suffer from this, but I tear often and that means no sex for awhile even if I want it. It just hurts too bad. Not only that, what happens if HE isn't in the mood? Will he just not do the dishes for you that night? Blah. How about an arrangement that if he really wants some then doing the dishes for you will be a good payment. If you really don't wanna have sex with him that night, then you can decline and do the dishes yourself.

robinalbright
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 3:16 AM
i do this all the time with dh. . EVERYONE ENDS UP HAPPY IN THE END SO WHY NOT?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HeartsLove
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 3:32 AM

Totally, I'd whore for housework (mainly laundry & making the bed)!

Heart_Transplants.gif

Bmat
by Barb on Aug. 24, 2010 at 8:24 AM

I wouldn't like the idea of negotiating with sex. If he wants it every night and you don't mind, then it might be an act of loving him to get together with him every night, no strings, no exchange of "chores."

I also suspect that it will dawn on him in time that he is paying for what he is getting.  Since he knows you loathe dishes, he should either have taken over the job without cutting a deal, or he should have picked some other chore,  which sex should not be seen as. I suspect that there will be resentment on his part in a month or so "Why am I having to pay for what as a loving wife she should give me anyway?"

I'm not saying that his taking over the dishes is a bad thing. But I recommend finding some other chore that you can trade with him- something he doesn't like doing-  taking care of the yard or something like that.  Trade something you don't like doing with something he doesn't like doing.

2milesboys
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 8:39 AM

id jump on it but ive been feeling lazy lately sooo yea

stellarmom1
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 9:49 AM

haha me too for sure! I hate laundry! no really I don't see the problem, your both getting something out of it and the sex is going to make you both happier anyways. so why not!

Quoting HeartsLove:

Totally, I'd whore for housework (mainly laundry & making the bed)!

canthaveboys1
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:05 AM

I would. However he would have to hold up his end of the deal first!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)