Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

get your per k child ready for school

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:09 AM
  • 6 Replies

hey everymorning my little gurl cry when her dad leave her at school and I no she got to go to school but I feel like I'm not doin the right thing but then the other day he told hme that a teacher say she need to shut up and I got mad but then I no teacher are goin to say stuff I just really don't no what to do it feel like I'm not being a good mom can some body help me it her 1st time goin to a school and it killin me why? Do I feel like this?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
luckykisss
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:12 AM

Its always hard to send your kids to school my dd starts kindergarten this year and its killing me....  The teacher needs to check her attitude though kids have a hard time adjusting to knew things especially if they don't go to day care or a sitter on a regular basis.  Maybe you should set up a meeting with the teacher to maybe maker your childs transition a little smoother.  It may also help to maybe volunteer at her school a day a week and then she will feel more comfortable.  You are not a bad mom by sending her to school just know that its whats best for her and give her lots of hugs and kisses when she gets home!

BaileynMe
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:12 AM

I'd be looking for another school if the teacher told me my child needed to shut up. If she's pre k, she's young and probably not used to being away from you, and surely she's not the only child this teacher has ever had who gets separation anxiety. 

Mama, sending her to school and letting her have that time away is good for her and for you. Does she do a half day or full? How many days a week? How old is she? 

anniepooh25
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:20 AM
yes you is so right and thanks so much

Quoting luckykisss:

Its always hard to send your kids to school my dd starts kindergarten this year and its killing me....  The teacher needs to check her attitude though kids have a hard time adjusting to knew things especially if they don't go to day care or a sitter on a regular basis.  Maybe you should set up a meeting with the teacher to maybe maker your childs transition a little smoother.  It may also help to maybe volunteer at her school a day a week and then she will feel more comfortable.  You are not a bad mom by sending her to school just know that its whats best for her and give her lots of hugs and kisses when she gets home!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anniepooh25
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:29 AM
yes it's for 1st time ever been alway for me and she leave me around 6:50am and he dad had to be at work at 7:15 and he drop her off at 7 am and she don't see us allday and her grandma pick her at 5:30pm I think it just to long and she is not use to not see us all day I think she is gone to long when she get home it's so late and she be so tried just for being gone so long things will have to change cause that is to long for a 3 yrs old to be gone and her dad can pick her up early please let me no what should I do I got a 2yrs that will be goin to next year I'm goin to drive my self crazy it feel like it cause I don't no what she is doing and he say for her off and on all day

Quoting BaileynMe:

I'd be looking for another school if the teacher told me my child needed to shut up. If she's pre k, she's young and probably not used to being away from you, and surely she's not the only child this teacher has ever had who gets separation anxiety. 

Mama, sending her to school and letting her have that time away is good for her and for you. Does she do a half day or full? How many days a week? How old is she? 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luckykisss
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:34 PM

Its hard to say if you are both working there isn't a whole lot you can do about her schedule.  Although making sure that you spend extra family time together on the weekends may help ease her anxiety.  And she is old enough to tell you a little bit of why she is so upset.  Try talking to her and find out what is upsetting her and try to find some ways to help her.  You are doing what all parents do don't feel bad.  It's better now in pre k than when she starts kindergarten or 1st grade.  Keep doing what you are doing and it will work out just give her some time to adjust.

anniepooh25
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:38 PM
ok thanks I will do that tonight
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)