Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Getting evicted for watching grandkids?!

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:33 AM
  • 7 Replies

so my mom calls me bawling last night her landlord is threatening to evict her! why cause he thinks one that too many people are living in the house... um no more than were living there when they moved in! 3 adults and 2 kids.... and that they are running a daycare out of their house! ummm NO! they have grandkids ALOT of grandkids and it just so happens that when people are working or wanna go somewhere thats were we take our kids mom and dads cause well they dont mind and the kids like being with grandma and grandpa so where did he get that idea the IS a daycare 2 houses down and shes all pissy that my parents are taking business from her... if she was any kind of smart she'd see that practically the whole lot look exactly alike with very few differences! so now ol' dude is coming to check the house for damages which my mom is freakin about cause theres a hole in the cieling theyve been trying to get the guy to fix and a hole in the floor where the wood just gave out that the told him about and he never did anything about and shes afraid he's gonna blame them when they didnt do it. and they dont know where they are gonna go! heres my question can he do this?? can he kick them out for watching grandkids??

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ohmommamia
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:38 AM
If they are on a month to month then he can give them a 39 day notice to be out and he doesn't have to give a reason. If they have a lease then he has to start eviction proceedings and he would need a good reason and mo watching grandkids is not one unless it states in the least they can't have company. Good luck to your parents.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyof2grls06
by Gold Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:39 AM

I'm not sure. I know that here on base if you're caught babysitting with out a permit from the CDC, you can get evicted if you don't stop or get certified. The CDC has a monopoly on child care on base and wants to keep it that way.

A proud Christian, Republican. Supporter of the deportation of ALL illegal immigrants and their anchor babies, Breastfeeding, Attachment parenting, Natural, Drug free Child Birthing, Extended Rear Facing and Extended Harnessing, ANTI- CRY IT OUT, mommy to my 3 girls and one on the way and wife to my Marine!

Abortion? What part of "Thou shalt NOT kill" don't you understand?

JZB
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:42 AM

BUMP!

carinyosa99
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:43 AM

The laws vary state to state and sometimes county to county.  Check with your local housing department and see if there is a department for rental issues.  We call it Landlord-Tenant Affairs, but that's probably not what it's called in your area (unless you lived here).  They can tell you what the law is and what your landlord would legally be able to do.  Your parents need to get informed ASAP and get in touch with that department before the landlord goes and tries to get an eviction notice and possibly fabricate information to get it.

JZB
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:43 AM

CDC?  Plus this sounds like they are watching family not random kids

Quoting mommyof2grls06:

I'm not sure. I know that here on base if you're caught babysitting with out a permit from the CDC, you can get evicted if you don't stop or get certified. The CDC has a monopoly on child care on base and wants to keep it that way.

lundaylove
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:48 AM

child development center. and they still dont want you to babysit anyone. they make a lot of money thru the CDC and they dont want to lose any of it.

Quoting JZB:

CDC?  Plus this sounds like they are watching family not random kids

Quoting mommyof2grls06:

msh88
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:50 AM

here even with out a lease on weekly or month to month they have to give like 2 weeks notice and still have to go through the eviction process no watching grandkids is no reason sounds like he has issues I would def. call and talk to someone and find out what he can legally do !

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)