Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child neglect? Oh well! PLEASE READ!

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:42 AM
  • 32 Replies

Yesterday my best friend who works with me called the cops on a family.We work at Chili's as servers. I wasn't there, but was told about this by her and several other people, so yes, I don't know the whole story. Apparently the family seemed "white trash" to say the least. First off, both parents ordered LITs and ended up having two a piece. With them was a child no older than 2 years old who kept dipping their fingers in their LIT and licking them. They did not order any food for the child or ask for an extra plate and apparently several times the child said "eat" and tried to reach for food and their hand was smacked. In addition to this, every time the child would make any normal squeel, fuss, anything, the parents would tell it to shut the fuck up god damnit. They were there at least an hour and a half and even after they were done eating sat there and talked and were still being hateful to the child with no toys to play with, obviously hungry, and obviously bored. The child apparently was also dressed in a sweater and jeans and it was about 95 degrees out yesterday. My friend alerted the managers and then she called the police, along with management support. She also asked to remain anonymous. The police came, interviewed the family, and then interviewed my friend and our managers. They then said they couldn't do anything because it was anonymous. So she ended up telling them (in front of the table) that it was her that called. The entire time the family is playing it cool acting like everything is fine AND being sweet loving parents to their child. In the end, the police said since there was no real evidence there was nothing they could do and they literally told my friend and our managers that people have the right to do what they want to their children, their hands were tied. On this note, this same friend of mine had a fake DHS call made about her parenting by a ex-employee who was fired because of sexually harassing several of us (including her and i) and she had to deal with that shit for almost a year and is now suing him. There's Oklahoma for ya. WHAT THE FUCK.

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-42-
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:44 AM

It's early, so excuse my dumbness.....what's an LIT?

"Hate is just a special kind of love we give to
people who suck."

StarryRain
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:46 AM
LIT Long Island Iced Tea.

SERIOUSLY??? They had witness evidence and they ignored the report???WTFH?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momaof8
by Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:47 AM

so she called the police because they were rude? Does she know if they fed the child before they came?   Best parenting no. Abuse no  I have seen real abuse first hand fostered for 12 years this is just stupid people.

bupkie
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:48 AM

What about calling CPS.... they have different objectives than the police do.... and much better resources..... 

http://www.okdhs.org/programsandservices/cps/

bupkie
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:49 AM

Seems to me that the police have a LEGAL OBLIGATION TO REPORT IT.....

Quoting bupkie:

What about calling CPS.... they have different objectives than the police do.... and much better resources..... 

Bupkie.....

*** My philosophy on sharing info is that it's just free info (not advice) so please take it or leave it. If it fits great! If not, leave it on the ground and dance on it for fun!!! :) ***dancing

Brandy.B
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:49 AM

Did you even read the damn post?

Sweater and jeans in 95 degree weather.

No food for the child or toys.

Yelling and cussing at the child.

Letting their child drink ALCOHOL.

If this is what goes on in PUBLIC what the hell do you think goes on at home? I MYSELF was abused my whole childhood and this shit is how my parents acted and NO ONE spoke up for me.

Quoting momaof8:

so she called the police because they were rude? Does she know if they fed the child before they came?   Best parenting no. Abuse no  I have seen real abuse first hand fostered for 12 years this is just stupid people.

Brandy.B
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:51 AM

Well, my understanding of CPS is they come to the home in a few days or whatever. She didn't have any information on them, not even a name, they paid cash not even credit card. Not sure if she could report them.

Quoting bupkie:

crazynut
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:54 AM
It would be considered a lifestyle... Not kidding.... My works in law enforcement...
Im a little ticked that they did nothing about him drinking the LIT, that is bad.....
Geez people should have to pass a test before leaving the hospital with kids!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
canthaveboys1
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:55 AM

The part I would find abuse is not feeding the child and letting the child drink alcohol. As far as the dressing, my 6 y/o dresses herself and she wears strange shit all the time.

nowaygourmet
by Gold Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:59 AM
u can give ur child alcohol & starve it & dress it in a sweater in 95` weather but u cant spank in public 4 unacceptable behavior? wtf?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)