Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Furniture help!

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:30 AM
  • 16 Replies

Okay so we just bought a new couch and it came with throw pillows but one wall in my living room is a dark burgandy red color so I was thinking of getting new pillows with a little red in them.... I found some I really like and they have a bunch of colors on them just not sure if they would look good on my couch.... So can you ladies give me tips?

Here is a picture of the couch and two diff. pillows.... which pillows do you ladies think would look best?

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luvbeingmama
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:31 AM
I like the top pillow
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jillbailey26
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:31 AM

If you go with the all red pillows, you'll be somewhat limited on color options, especially since you already have the burgundy wall.

If you go with the colorful pillows, it'll be a gateway to bring in more colors.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Kimberly954
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:32 AM

I think either would look good but personally i like the red one better.

BeckieLea
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:32 AM

Quoting jillbailey26:

If you go with the all red pillows, you'll be somewhat limited on color options, especially since you already have the burgundy wall.

If you go with the colorful pillows, it'll be a gateway to bring in more colors.

I agree and think that the ones with more colors are just a bit nicer. =]

Proud Wife to Bobby, 7.14.2008
Proud Mommy to our little girl, Kaitlynn, born 6.17.2010
Follow me at http://beckielea.blogspot.com/  or http://poetrybyrebeccalea.blogspot.com/

MommySwiggles
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:33 AM

I like them all lol... ok get the warm multi colored pillows for the fall and winter and the bright multi colored for the summer and spring!  Use the neutral ones elsewhere lol.

MommaOf2Boys10
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:34 AM

Quoting jillbailey26:

I do like the fact it has all diff. colors... bc I dont wanna be limited to just red and goldish colors in my house. But I am sooo not good at this kind of thing LOL. Thats why I need help. I have never had the touch for decorating etc... So you think the white one would look good on the couch?

MommaOf2Boys10
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:35 AM

That is a good idea!

Quoting MommySwiggles:

I like them all lol... ok get the warm multi colored pillows for the fall and winter and the bright multi colored for the summer and spring!  Use the neutral ones elsewhere lol.

jillbailey26
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:36 AM

Quoting MommaOf2Boys10:

Quoting jillbailey26:

I do like the fact it has all diff. colors... bc I dont wanna be limited to just red and goldish colors in my house. But I am sooo not good at this kind of thing LOL. Thats why I need help. I have never had the touch for decorating etc... So you think the white one would look good on the couch?

Yea, because it has the goldish and taupe colors in it too.  If that wasn't there, then I'd say the red ones.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Lb128f
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:41 AM

I like the first one! 

Both?? Nahhh. ;-)

MommaOf2Boys10
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:43 AM

Whoa ! Thanks! This helps but at the same time makes it hard bc they both look great

Quoting Lb128f:

I like the first one! 

Both?? Nahhh. ;-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)