Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm afraid they're going to call CPS

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:08 AM
  • 15 Replies

My neighbors came by yesterday. I had spent ALL day cleaning the playroom.  Everything came out and was washed, those foam pads were put down on the floor, and everything was put back in.  

We also just went camping.

So my living room is a disaster.  Of course my new neighbors pick last night to stop by.  

If that's not enough my son is having a hard time hearing (going to get his hearing checked) and I have to yell a lot of times before he can hear me.  Poor kid just says "I can't hear you" a lot.

BTW with selective hearing wouldn't they just not listen?  People are telling me it's selective hearing but he's doing it with things he wants to hear and he always says "what, I can't hear you."

So yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if CPS shows up at my door :(

Oh, and my kitchen was spotless too but they didn't see that.  The bathroom is a mess from DS changing his clothes after he played outside.

Mommy to my angel baby (miscarried 6/21/06 at 10 weeks), Jason Josiah (born 6/6/07) who is always pushing to be the best he can be, and my VBAC baby who tested my patience to no end by being 15 days late Delaney Abygail Grace (born 4/19/10)

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gwebkeijmmm
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:13 AM

After they left didn't you just clean up? wouldn't that be the thing to do? Just clean it all so even if your new neighbors called CPS there wouldn't even be an issue if they showed up at your door.

Mel30248
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:14 AM

Oh please if CPS Is called on you for that then they def will be knocking on my door! The other week the relator (we rent & house is for sale) came in without me knowing about the appointment well there was a wet diaper on the bed (we had a docs appointment in the morning she shed her diaper I didnt have time to search knowing it was just pee from the night time I just left), you couldnt see the floor in the livingroom or playroom b/c it was covered with all her toys & under the toys was a carpet that wasnt cleaned either! The kitchen had grocery bags on the floor, bags from a trip we made a few days before still packed, the table was covered in misc stuff you couldnt see it, dishwasher was wide open with clean dishes & the sink was full of dirty dishes, the counter was unseeable, neither beds were made, there were blankets & pillows all over the furniture in the livingroom, on the grill on the porch there were bottles from the car waiting to come in the house to be taken care of, boxes of diapers stacked up in the middle of teh floor, I could seriously go on! It was a bad week for us we were crazy completely busy & I simply didnt have time to clean & my SO worked over 80 hours that week so he of course didnt have time or energy to clean & left a huge mess himself with clothing on the floors, dishes on the coffeetable etc. He was just falling asleep wherever he landed seriously it was awful. I cried

Okay my point is we all have moments like that its normal but CPS wont be showing up & if they do you dont have anything to worry about! I hope yoru day gets better.

mommawombat
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:43 AM

If they called CPS on that. They need to get a life. My neighbors always stop by and say nothing. I live and raise my kids in my house. I'm not keeping a museum. but I don't have feces, urine or dried food laying around.

actuallyamanda
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:51 AM

Since when is it not ok to have a house that looks "lived in"?  I mean, as long as you dont have rotting food and trash everywhere or an "unstable living condition" then you really have nothing to worry about.  Even if cps was called, they would take one look and leave and apologize for wasting your time.  There is no rule that says your house has to be spotless 24/7! LOL

JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:53 AM

It's just the look they gave me that makes me worry.  I told them "I'm sorry about the mess, we've been camping and I've been cleaning the playroom all day"

They said "oh, well we don't have any kids.  Our house is never a mess" in a snotty voice.

canthaveboys1
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:53 AM

Quoting mommawombat:

If they called CPS on that. They need to get a life. My neighbors always stop by and say nothing. I live and raise my kids in my house. I'm not keeping a museum. but I don't have feces, urine or dried food laying around.

gwebkeijmmm
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:06 PM

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

It's just the look they gave me that makes me worry.  I told them "I'm sorry about the mess, we've been camping and I've been cleaning the playroom all day"

They said "oh, well we don't have any kids.  Our house is never a mess" in a snotty voice.

I'm guessing you won't be inviting them over for afternoon tea anytime soon?

deann66
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:09 PM

Quoting gwebkeijmmm:

After they left didn't you just clean up? wouldn't that be the thing to do? Just clean it all so even if your new neighbors called CPS there wouldn't even be an issue if they showed up at your door.

jodyann2
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:13 PM
My daughter was having the same issue. She was getting put in time out because we thought she was purposely not listening. Then we took. Her to get her ears checked and they had alot of wax build up in there and water behind her ear. They also did hearing tests before and after. It was all because of the wax and water. Now she is fine
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamacifuni
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:18 PM
I have a feeling that you won't be asking them to babysit anytime soon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)