Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Brown or white eggs?

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:45 AM
  • 23 Replies

With the huge egg recall, would you switch to local brown eggs from a farmer or pay the prices for the white corporate produced eggs now?

Join us on

Current Events & Hot Topics
              Group Mod

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JADIEBUG
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:46 AM

I buy the farmer ones anyways. No unnecessary hormones, antibiotics and usually cheaper.

nowaygourmet
by Gold Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:55 AM
farmers eggs taste better. i buy them when i can its no biggie 2 switch.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
daiseymae2
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:57 AM
The local ones.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ladybug8412
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:04 PM

I buy the organic brown eggs.

Mommy2LnJ
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:05 PM

I always buy organic brown eggs. Usually Nature's Promise or we get them from SO's aunt and uncle.

Vegetarianmama
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:06 PM
Farmers eggs for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abbymomof1
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:09 PM
ok call me silly or whatever but i have never known what the difference is between white and brown eggs. I know you can buy both at the store. But seriously an egg is an egg. Right????
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JADIEBUG
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:12 PM

There is no actual difference between brown and white eggs. There is a difference between, organic, local farm raised and commercial. Often local farm raised are brown.

No an egg is not the same as the next egg...It depends on the hens' diet, medical health, antibiotic usage, hormone usage and etc..

Quoting abbymomof1:

ok call me silly or whatever but i have never known what the difference is between white and brown eggs. I know you can buy both at the store. But seriously an egg is an egg. Right????

JZB
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:14 PM

I always try to get local food I don't think I've ever had an issue with a recall.  I have my own chickens etc.  The color of the egg has nothing to do with it.  Believe it or not it's the color of the chicken's ear lobe that determines the color of the egg.

bluestarr80
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:18 PM

Brown eggs, from cageless chickens. It's really not much more than the plain white eggs and they taste better...the yolk is richer in color and taste.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)