Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

teaching boys how to pee standing up

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:57 PM
  • 27 Replies

Ok so my hubby is out of town and my 3yr old wants to pee standing up...he only wants to be like daddy....so the big question...how do i (as a girl) teach him how to pee? we already tried once and i accidently showed him how to hit the wall....(its WAY harder than you would think...)

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:00 PM

Put a piece of toilet paper or a cheerio in the toilet and tell him to aim for it.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

dustinsmommy74
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:12 PM

This

Quoting jillbailey26:

Put a piece of toilet paper or a cheerio in the toilet and tell him to aim for it.

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:27 PM

I have girls but I heard from my friends to make them learn sitting down first. 

FreeSpriT4eva
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:30 PM
I just took my son to the bathroom for a few day an just put his hands on his penis to teach him how to direct it...after a week he was doing it on his own..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
the.real.me
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:31 PM

we used cheerios..  try and sink em!

HeatherLynn2
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:32 PM

I am a little country but my boys started peeing on a tree or bush first. That's how they learned  how to pee in the potty. My boys never peeed sitting down! i am sure some will dis agree.

MoM_Of_BayanBro
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:34 PM

Yah my son is 2 an just started to potty train himslf an is already intersted in it lol he can def aim it but I just let daddy deal with it lol

mama2KiraEthan
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:36 PM

My 5 year old usually still sits to pee..He does know how to pee stadning but it's hard for him to hit the toilet all the time..so he prefers to sit.

TheMillerFamily
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:38 PM
Lol just have him stand in front of the toilet and tell him not to touch his pee pee and let him pee.
My son leans against the toilet and pees. When he holds it and tries to aim it gets everywhere but when he just leaves it alone it goes where it should. I'm leaving the target practice for later!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mpsmom1209
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:40 PM

I have friends that have used generic cheerios with a lot of success.  No use in paying the extra money when you literally throw them in the toilet.  One of my friends used generic fruit loops and had her son aim for certain colors.  Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)